BLURB - Windows 10 woes

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

BLURB - Windows 10 woes
CodenStuff
The consumer watchdog, Which?, has challenged Microsoft over Windows 10 upgrade problems and urges them to pay compensation to affected users.

Which? say that since the launch of Windows 10, they've received over 1,000 complaints from their members and they're calling on Microsoft to take action and honour the rights of consumers who have been adversely affected by the upgrade.

Considering it is used on over 90% of PCs worldwide, you’d have thought that Microsoft would take great care when updating Windows. But we’ve received a litany of complaints about Windows 10, including that it was forcefully installed without consent.

Since the release of Windows 10, Which? members have told them that they've been constantly nagged by Microsoft to upgrade their computers to the new OS, with some saying the upgrade was eventually forced on them.

As reported in the October issue of Which? magazine, many people have suffered from a massive list of problems including:

Peripheral devices no longer working with the PC.
Accounts such as email no longer syncing.
Files and data being deleted.
Such significant PC slowdown or failure that a third-party repair was required.
Windows 7 users losing compatibility with printers and built-in devices, including wi-fi cards and speakers.
Software compatibility problems, including forced un-installation of non-Microsoft software, such as Norton.
Un-installation of Office 2010. If the user no longer has the key, they’re potentially forced to pay to get Office again.

Which? have told Microsoft that they must take action
Although Microsoft is offering free support for Windows 10, many customers report struggling to contact the company. Considering the proliferation of scammers pretending to be Microsoft, others have become naturally cautious over whether they are actually talking to the US software giant.

In a recent statement from Microsoft they told Which? that Windows 10 upgrade ‘is designed to help people take advantage of the most secure and productive Windows...‘Should someone need help with the upgrade experience, we have numerous options, including free customer support’.

Which? are calling on Microsoft to:
1) Honour the rights of consumers adversely affected by the Windows 10 update. This includes paying compensation where it’s due under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

2) Raise the profile of its Windows 10 customer support (0344 800 2400 or online) to ensure every consumer – particularly older and more vulnerable users – are aware of the free support they can use.

Have you been affected by the Windows 10 update?

Did you have any problems installing or using it?

Let us know.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: BLURB - Windows 10 woes
mikethedj4
I know MANY people who have said that Microsoft forced Windows 10 upgrades on them.
I personally haven't used Windows as a home computer for awhile. It's either Mac or Linux. I hate Windows.

However, I do repair computers on occasion and have ran into various problems in which Windows Updates have caused my clients nothing but a headache from.....
- Uninstalled drivers or inoperable drivers (like internet)
- Various things not syncing
- Files and data being deleted
- Microsoft Office 2010 being uninstalled along with other applications
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: BLURB - Windows 10 woes
hungryhounduk
Hey Guys and Gals
Well I have win10 Professional installed on 2 computers that I have, One is a Sony Viao all in one Pc that I got from ebay and the other is a dell all in one PC that i also got from eBay.. The Sony has built in WiFi, but nearly every time I start it up the WiFi is not recognized. If I right click the WiFi icon on the task-bar and choose find problems it will find the problem ( by resetting the wireless adapter) and everything will be good.. Not a big issue But it's annoying to say the least when it happens nearly every time i boot up :)

When I got the Viao it came with Win7 and never had any issues...

The other PC, The dell seems to work fine with no issues although the Pc is really slow running Win10 Pro... I will probably load Linux ( OpenSUSE ) on it as I am running it on my laptop ( over 3 years now) and it's been so stable and is a real joy to use..

I only use my Sony Viao for Running Lightroom and correcting Raw Images, which it does really well on the Win 10 Platform

Respect

Chris
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”