Who all Abandoned Windows?

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Who all Abandoned Windows?
mikethedj4
Only time I touch Windows is to fix a client's computer. I develop Windows apps on Mac and Linux so bye bye Windows lol.

Just curious who all abandoned Windows?
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who all Abandoned Windows?
CodenStuff
I'm still a Windows (10) user and don't plan on moving to a different OS anytime soon. I do use some Linux packages on a bootable USB sometimes for testing various things out of curiosity and also to fix my PC when it messes up...which it does quite a lot when I'm at the helm :teehe;

I still primarily develop for the Windows/Phone platform and I'll admit I would like to check out developing for iOS but I just can't afford a MAC at the moment. Hopefully some time in the future :)

I don't think Windows is as bad as some people say/think it is, Windows 10 is (in my opinion) the best version of the OS yet and is getting better..slowly..but getting better.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
CodenStuff wrote:
I would like to check out developing for iOS but I just can't afford a MAC at the moment. Hopefully some time in the future :)
You don't need a Mac to develop iOS apps anymore.

I got my first Mac for $100 on Craigslist. My current one was $300 but I upgraded the RAM, processor, replaced battery and charger. So total it was like a $500-$600 investment on my current Mac.

I may just sell it and get an iMac for more power and I can still run it remotely off my Chromebook.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I also use Windows 10. I don't mind using Ubuntu from time to time.

When I am moving around or are on the go I use my iPad air 2
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hey

I still use windows, Win10 Pro, but i only use it with Lightroom for correcting Raw Images.
My Laptop is running OpenSUSE and has been for the last 3 years and has probably been the most stable system I have ever used in all the years I have been into Computers :D and is on all day, daily ( using it right now to post this ) and is running KODI, but mainly it's used for internet and emails..
In the Summer I bought 3 Mac Minis , 2 are running Snow Leopard and the other is running Mountain Lion, and these are used for Video editing, I also have an Android Tablet which is used for Storing Images taken with my Cameras.

Respect

Chris
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
hungryhounduk wrote:
Hey

I still use windows, Win10 Pro, but i only use it with Lightroom for correcting Raw Images.
My Laptop is running OpenSUSE and has been for the last 3 years and has probably been the most stable system I have ever used in all the years I have been into Computers :D and is on all day, daily ( using it right now to post this ) and is running KODI, but mainly it's used for internet and emails..
In the Summer I bought 3 Mac Minis , 2 are running Snow Leopard and the other is running Mountain Lion, and these are used for Video editing, I also have an Android Tablet which is used for Storing Images taken with my Cameras.

Respect

Chris
3 Macs? Don't be greedy, give me one :teehe; lol
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”