Bootmgr is missing - cant boot windows 7

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

I've managed to boot from ubuntu now, but when I try to set my Windows partition as the active partition and not my Ubuntu partition, I get the message "Bootmgr is missing. Press Control-Alt-Delete to restart" I can't find my Windows 7 system CD, I don't know if I've ever had one :? so is there any way to fix that? Is it possible that someone uploads it here, I download it using Ubuntu and save it to where it should be? I've heard about the bootrec.exe and bootsect.exe tools too, can I execute those in Ubuntu to fix Windows?
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

Windows (any version) does not like to share.
Most likly, you will have to re-install Win7.

I make that same mistake. Once!
mandai
Coding God
Coding God

If you can get a Windows boot disk there is a chance you can run a startup repair and that might resolve it.
The bootsect and bootrec tools can be used to repair bootmgr, but you may need to choose different options depending on the cause.
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

I found the problem, I tried to boot from my C: partition, with documents, Windows folder, etc. But I should really have booted from the hidden SYSTEM RESERVED partition which had the whole boot folder and the bootmgr file. Browsing on Windows now with the ability to choose Ubuntu at startup :D
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”