Flash Player for 64bit

Any questions about installing or configuring software of any type to be asked in here, we will help you.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Flash Player for 64bit
hungryhounduk
Hi All
Does anyone know what i need to play Flash swf on my 64bit laptop, as i tried to Install v10 and it said its not compatable with 64bit :? Has anyone else had this problem or if you have solved it and are running v10 then please give me a shout as to how you overcome it cooll;

The Microsoft Site said "it would work if i ran it in a 32bit Browser" but too be honest i use the CNS Broswer wahooo; and am happy with that :D

I cant believe that you cant run it on a 64bit machine :? I mean its a big part of all Internet Sites nowdays, or have i just missed something??

Chris
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flash Player for 64bit
CodenStuff
Hello hungryhounduk,

Oh does this mean you cant use CnS Browser????? :(

Since the 64bit machines came out they have had issues like this especially with Windows OS (any version) but I thought they would have sorted it all out by now :? . Ive had a look around but couldnt find a 64bit version and everything says to run the browser in 32bit mode instead. http://pietschsoft.com/post/2006/12/Vis ... fault.aspx

I also found this in adobe labs but it looks like they only have a beta 64bit version for linux but no mention of a windows version yet: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/ that one was released this month so it could be a long time waiting for them to release a windows version.

That sucks :(

Your other option if you dont want to wait is you could always install a 32bit version of the OS.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello again,

Erm if you do decide to install the 32bit version of win7 im not sure if the win7 key you got with laptop will work with the 32bit version. Maybe you can phone dell support or windows support and ask them for a new key or something or the pc shop to install 32bit version for you :? if thats the road you want to go down.

Backup backup backup whatever you decide to do and I hope you get it sorted lol cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi Codenstuff
Thanks for the replies cooll;
I have setup Flash 8 and that i'm running fine with all Swf's working as they should wahooo; So yes I just think its the V10 thats just not yet been made into a compatable version for 64bit OPSY's :? Which is weird as you would have thought they would have thought of that when they started to Code it and then to Pump Out Win7 :( Looks like Microsoft dont talk to other vendors when they create their Stuff.

nevermind I can llive with that for now ;)

Cheers cooll;

Chris
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Update
The Cns Browser is working fine, but Win7 has an issue with the new version of the Adobe Flash Player :(
The Flash Player Installs ok, but i keep getting a message saying that there is a Problem with it, You then get to download a Fix ( well sort off ) it Uninstalls the Flash Player, then redirects you to the Adobe site to reinstall it again, then a while later you get the message again that there is a Problem with it :(

Jeeez whatever next........................I hope someone else can create a Proper Operating System............that is compatable with all Programs.

It might be a bit much to hope for but i live in hope :)

Chris
tedhead2
Excellent Poster
Excellent Poster

tedhead2
hungryhounduk wrote:
Update
The Cns Browser is working fine, but Win7 has an issue with the new version of the Adobe Flash Player :(
The Flash Player Installs ok, but i keep getting a message saying that there is a Problem with it, You then get to download a Fix ( well sort off ) it Uninstalls the Flash Player, then redirects you to the Adobe site to reinstall it again, then a while later you get the message again that there is a Problem with it :(

Jeeez whatever next........................I hope someone else can create a Proper Operating System............that is compatable with all Programs.

It might be a bit much to hope for but i live in hope :)

Chris
I doubt an OS the works right will ever be made... Win7 has bugs, Mac OSX is just.... stupid, and linux isn't popular enough to really work with anything...
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
I doubt an OS the works right will ever be made... Win7 has bugs, Mac OSX is just.... stupid, and linux isn't popular enough to really work with anything...

Well its Obviouse you dont know ya Macs ;) and Yes Win7 will have Bugs as I think we have said that all along, So dont know why you even posted that above :?

Chris
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Installing Software”