Maths Touch Pal

Please post all your completed software applications in here. This is for full software which you have created and wish to release and share with everyone.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Maths Touch Pal
smashapps
Hello everyone,

For awhile I've wanted to build a maths game, something fun but really difficult too. To get every aspect of the game down I thought this would take awhile. I actually surprised myself with this one, and the varying difficulty of the game can be very interesting. This game is built for touch screen pc's, but will work great on normal pc's too!

About the game:

The game generates a random maths question which would be multiplication, subtraction or addition, puts the correct answer on the screen and 5 fake answers, and positions them randomly on the screen. Answering the question wrong takes time away, but answering correctly will reward you with time.

Every 10 questions you answer, you progress a game stage. Each time you advance a game stage, the time given when answering correctly is reduced (minimum limit is 2, it won't go any lower than that) and this makes the game more challenging because you will need to answer questions faster each time. On top of this, the game will have a chance of generating an even tougher maths question. For example on stage 1 the highest is 12 times 12, but stage 2 is 13 times 13, and then 14 times 14.. and so on.

The game is endless, and continually getting tougher. The game ends once you run out of time. After finishing you can have your score and name added to the highscores.

Pictures:

Feedback!

Please spend 5 minutes at least trying my game out, give me suggestions, tell me anything that appeared to not work the way it should have, and your opinion of this game. I love getting feedback from people who try out what I develop.

Download:

Click here to download!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by smashapps on Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Maths Touch Pal
noypikami
nice app. i will have a try on it. :)
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

noypikami
i got this error on stage 2.
the right answer is not recognize.
some numbers cannot be drag properly.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Thanks for that #noypikami I'll have a look when I can.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Thanks heaps noypikami, I've fixed the bug and the download link has been updated with the latest version of the game. If you find any other problems please let me know :)

Edit: Turns out the problem was still there! But I did fix a few problems earlier with the movement of the answers, one of them was moving another answer instead. This was fixed so was the problem on the next stage. You can now keep advancing stages. After a few stages the time you're given after answering is only 2 seconds, so you need to be answering the questions quickly in order to keep advancing. After this the questions just get tougher.

Here is a screenshot of my record, can you guys try and beat me?

troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

troop
nice game it will be better if u make it so we write down the answers in a textbox or give us option to choose either drag or write, because we have then easier time to do it,
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Maybe ill add that feature later thanks for the feedback :)
noypikami
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

noypikami
i suggest to let the user select difficulty ,

it works nice. this is my current score.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
In the first game stage, the questions are calculated randomly between 1 and 12, second stage 13 * 13, and then 14 * 14 and so on. Over time it does get more challenging but you're probably right.

Maybe I can add different difficulty levels and have the calculations range from for example easy can be between 3 and 6, medium 5 and 8 and then difficult 7 and 12 then each new stage can be one higher.

Over the next week I'll add difficulty levels based on this and see how it goes, I've had a lot of people test it out for me and the game seems to be fine, all issues that did occur were fixed immediately. I'll also add an auto dater so people won't have to keep downloading new versions manually.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and input, it's always appreciated.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Full Software”