Flash Masking to Create a Spotlight Effect

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi All
This Tutorial is Using Masking to Create a Spotlight Effect which will travel across a Picture and give a great Mask Effect cooll; wahooo;

*And this uses NO CODE WHATSOEVER cooll; JUST MOTION TWEENS wahooo;

Create a new Flash Document

Draw a Filled Circle Onstage then Select it and CONVERT it to a MOVIE CLIP (F8) and give it a name called Spot

Name the Layer that the Spot Resides in "Spot Motion"

Insert a KEYFRAME (F6) in Frames (10), (20) and (30)

Click In Frame (10), and Move "SPOT" to a NEW Location and Repeat for Frames (20), Leave (30) to MATCH Frame (1).

SETUP Motion Tweening for Frames (1) to (10), (10) to (20), and (20) to (30) By Right Clicking on Frame (1) and choose MOTION TWEEN from the Menu, Repeat this for Frame (10), Frame (20).

Right Click on the "SPOT Layer" Name and Choose "Show Masking" from the Menu + Click the "Lock Icon" to Lock the Layer

Add a NEW Layer Below your "SPOT" Layer, Then IMPORT a Picture into the LIBRARY, Then go to INSERT > NEW SYMBOL from your Main File Menu

and Choose > Movie Clip (give the Movie Clip a Name and Click OK ), Drag your Picture from the Library into your NEW Movie Clip and Center it Then Click on the "SCENE 1 Icon" to go back to the Main Stage area.

Click on the First Frame of your New Layer and Drag your MOVIE CLIP you just Created onto the Stage (center it ) then Right Click on the Layer Name and Choose "Show Masking" from the Menu.

Your Layers Should look like mine in the Picture Below

Job Done

Press CTRL+ENTER to view your Animated Mask

This Picture below is My Mask in Action, It travels across the Picture from Left to Right and back looping itself continuesly.... Check out the SWF Attachment below to see the real deal cooll;

Save your File and Press CTRL+ENTER to Publish your Movie as a .SWF File.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hungryhounduk on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNought
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Sounds good.... Looks good.... and in the end it atually only looks...AMAZING lol very well done :) i couldent do that to save my life xD
Bound and boom tech,
The Future Of Coding
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

Lol This section should be yours your good at flash :P
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi
Thanks cooll;

It Honestly is not hard at all, You will be suprised how easy Flash is too use cooll; and i think its a lot easier than VB to get your head around.

Chris
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

I might buy this is someone gives me some money since im only 11 :o
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I might buy this is someone gives me some money since im only 11
You are at the Perfect Age to Learn any Program, and if you can get your head round VB then i'm sure if you started Using Flash NOW, within a Few Years you will Be a MASTER ( Not Joking ) I mean i dont consider myself experienced in any Program Really as i am still Learning all the time cooll; and i am 48 ( an Oldie ) hehaho; hehaho;

So yeah if your Parents ask you what you want for your next Birthday....Choose a Great Program like Flash 8...Or even better 3D Studio Max.....Because that is one AWESOME PROGRAM.............and would really open your eyes to the things you can create.. cooll; wahooo;

Chris
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tutorials”