Make Object into an Animated Cursor

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi All

Here is a very Easy Tutorial on how to make ANY Object into an ANIMATED Cursor cooll;

1. Create a New Flash Document ( Any Size )

2. Import your Picture/s or whatever you want into The Library

3. GOTO >INSERT > NEW SYMBOL (on the Main Menu ) and in the dialog that appears Choose >MOVIE CLIP and give it a name and click OK.

4.You will now be inside the Movie clip you just created, select the FIRST FRAME and Drag your Picture from the Library and Center it Horizontally & Verically.

* If you have more than (1) Picture that you are going to use, then Select the SECOND FRAME, Right Click on it and CHOOSE >INSERT BLANK KEYFRAME, Then Drag your SECOND Picture onto the Stage and center it like before.

*DO THIS STEP ABOVE FOR ALL THE IMAGES YOU WANT IN YOUR ANIMATED CURSOR

5. When you have added all your Pictures or Picture, CLICK the SCENE 1 Tab to go back to the EMPTY FLASH STAGE

6. Drag your MOVIE CLIP from the Library onto the Stage and select it

7. With the Movie Clip Selected Press F9 to Open the Actions Window and add the code belopw
Code: Select all
onClipEvent (load) {
startDrag ( "", true);
Mouse.hide();
*Job Done wahooo;

Now Press ctrl+enter to View your New Cursor cooll;

Chris
* I have added 4 Pictures to my MOVIE CLIP to make an Animated Cursor , check out the attachment to see it working cooll;

*Also i have added a ANIMATED BOMB as an attachment as well, so you can see that working cooll;

These Pics below show the stages of adding your pictures to the Frames

*If you look at the pics above you will see that I have added (4) Frames to my MOVIE CLIP with a Picture in each Frame.

*Now as I have not added any ACTIONS to this MOVIE CLIP to STOP IT, Flash will treat it as an ANIMATION and play the (4) FRAMES One after the other and loop it.

*This is the Beauty of FLASH cooll;

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tedhead2
Excellent Poster
Excellent Poster

Thanks! This is cool. Do you know how to make this work in Sothink SWF Quicker?
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi Tedhead2
I have never used Sothink SWF so i dont know the Program i'm afraid, But as all you do in this Example is add Pictures to the Timeline (Frames ) I would have thought that Sothink SWF would be the same in that respect, Does it work on the same principle ( as in do you use Frames to add your Content too ) If not then I am not familiar with Sothink to be able to Help you.

Sorry M8 ;)

Chris
tedhead2
Excellent Poster
Excellent Poster

Oh, ok. I got it to work. It's basicly the same thing.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tutorials”