Fantastic Colour ME Program

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hi Usman55

Last night i fiddled with the Bart Colour Me Application in VB, i have included attachment below which just includes 5 Color Copies of Barts Head :) 2 pictures to add speach Bubbles to it....a Couple of Combobox's to work it with the code in.

The Problem i had when i tried 2 pictures over the top of each other is that they did not display Transparent Backgrounds ( the Picture Files are .Png with Transparent Backgrounds ) as you would need to position the pictures close together on the Form to make the whole picture and Maybe i am doing it the wrong way cooll; ..

So if anyone else would like to download this file and muck around with it, see if you can work out how to:

1. Put the Pictures close together so they do have transparent backgrounds, as you would need to do this as the pictures would need to overlap with each other to form the whole picture, If you know what i mean ;) .

If this can be done then there is no reason why this can't be done in VB cooll; and would be very straight forward to do as i have done in the attachment below.

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Fantastic Colour ME Program
Usman55
Thanks for replying!
tedhead2
Excellent Poster
Excellent Poster

tedhead2
hungryhounduk wrote:
Are you able to import your own pictures into this type of flash-app? I love it
Your certainly enjoying yourself with the new flash section hungryhounduk posting loads and loads of tutorials. Do you prefer flash to VB?
Hi Codenstuff

Import your own pictures?

mmm I'm not sure maybe? The thing is that the Picture of Bart that you see has been broken apart and each part has been converted to a Movie Clip and the Movie Clips are then converted to Buttons so the Movie Clips all have Button Inside it as well, plus each button inside the Movies Clips has had code added to it, and the Outline is a seperate Layer.

It would probably be easier to create different Versions of the Program with Different Pictures, as it only takes about 20 minutes to create this or less :D cooll; And then use code to Unload the Bart Movie Clip and Reload another .swf File ( which is very easy to do, as one of the Tutorials i have put on here shows you how to Unload and reload different Movie Clips wahooo;

Do I Prefer Flash to VB?

That is a Tough one to answer :) I love the easyness of use of VB, But I do find it very hard sometimes trying to work out the code to be able to do things, If i had got into VB when i was say in my 20's then i would now probably be more familiar with it and maybe be a Wicked Code GURU like You cooll; wahooo;

Flash i got into about 10 years back and have used it a lot over the years to do things for my own amusement, and also create websites in it which is very easy and rewarding depending on the type of site you want to create.
And like VB, Its really down to ones own imagination as what to create, So i find it easy to create stuff in flash as i have spent more time with it over the years

But i still hope to Learn more VB, That is why i spend a lot of time here :D and while i'm here and the fact that you have Expanded Codenstuff to include Web Programming, Html, PHP, JAVA, Flash etc ( which is a bonus) I will submit Flash Tutorials and catch up on the VB as well :) wahooo;

Chris

In your 20's?! O_O

You mean your older then 18? I thought you where 18 :O omg;
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

You mean your older then 18? I thought you where 18
Hi
i am afraid not ;) I wish i was 18 again wahooo;

Chris
tedhead2
Excellent Poster
Excellent Poster

tedhead2
lolz i wish i was 18... but stuck being 11... :\ but only for 3 more months! YAY!
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

[quote]lolz i wish i was 18... but stuck being 11... :\ but only for 3 more months! YAY[/quote

Dont wish your Life away as when you get to about 20 it will fly by from then on :( and you will wonder where it all went :cry: cryer;
tedhead2
Excellent Poster
Excellent Poster

tedhead2
my mom says the same thing... for me, when i was yunger, time whent faster, now it seems the everyday is a year! i want time faster, but when it gets faster, it nver slows down. i wish i could control time, but no. -.-
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

Lewis
Lol, Nice app on VB Simple but cool :P
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Well in my opinion I wish the time went slower! Because as we grow, our life becomes shorter! I mean we have a limited time of life! The fater we grow, the faster we die (lol)

What do you think?
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

My answer is simple > Make the Most of every day as it was your Last then you wont be dissapointed :)

You only get one Life so Enjoy it :)
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Tutorials”