Microsoft Has Changed its Mind!

Important site announcements and information.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Microsoft Has Changed its Mind!
comathi
If you remember the post that Cody put up recently about the upcoming version of Visual Studio, you alreay know that Microsoft was planning to remove the Desktop programming abilities from the Express edition of the development suite, and instead only make it available to paid copies of Visual Studio (ie, Profesionnal and Ultimate).

However, Microsoft has received massive feedback (mostly negative) from developers who were not happy with Microsoft's decision, as it would limit students and beginners wishing to learn desktop programming as well as Metro programming without having to pay $500 for a develoment suite.

They've gotten so much negative feedback, in fact, that they have decided to reverse their decision to remove desktop programming from VS11 Express (which is now apparently called VS2012 :S)

Here's a quote from the Visual Studio Wiki:
After an initial announcement that the Express 2012 release would be restricted to creating Windows 8 Metro (design language) style applications, Microsoft responded to negative developer feedback by reversing that decision and announcing that desktop application development would also be supported.
This is great news, and it means that we'll all be able to update to VS2012 without having to keep VS2010 to insure cross-platform development :D
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Microsoft Has Changed its Mind!
Shim
this is a great news thanks for posting here comathi
Find my programs on Softpedia
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
It was never a problem for me since I have the beta which supports both, but now it's safe to download the stable release when it comes out :D Great news :)
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Skillful
Skillful Coders
Skillful Coders

This is great news comathi! :)
Waiting for it to come out :)
Instead of LOL use this -
LSIBMHBIWFETALOL

Which means -
Laughing silently in between my head because it wasn't funny enough to actually laugh out loud!
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

clanc789
That is awesome! Seems our petiion did some 0.00000000001% contribution to this :D (I hope at least and last).
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
Now we can all proudly say that because of us, Microsoft has changed its mind :lol:
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Filip
I'm so proud :)
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

kolega28
I'm so proud that when I will have children in the future I will every day tell them "Me and my friends saved PROGRAMMING!!!"
clanc789
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

clanc789
kolega28 wrote:
I'm so proud that when I will have children in the future I will every day tell them "Me and my friends saved PROGRAMMING!!!"
If windows 384723984 is still using desktop apps LOL :D
Practice makes perfect!

VIP since: 6-10-2011
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Awesome! It is always better to use an official, legal, stable release of anything. I am thinking of buying Windows 8 as soon as it comes out. I do hope they have lifetime upgrades support so that I can upgrade to a more stable version for free.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”