Syntax Highlighter

If you need help with a project or need to know how to do something specific in VB.NET then please ask your questions in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Syntax Highlighter
smashapps
Hey everyone,

I'm having trouble finding a decent syntax highlighter for my vb projects. I used to have a control I could add but I have since lost it. If anyone could provide a download for a control that would be great!

Thanks everyone
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Syntax Highlighter
CodenStuff
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

visualtech
You have that, and then http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/161 ... ghlighting which is really cool! Better then ColorCode #CodenStuff (*ahem* *ahem* :P ) I've used it in lots of projects and it is really easy to use, really powerful and is written entirely in C#! You can also import it as a Component :)
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I have already tried out colorcode, I didn't really like it I couldn't get it to work.

Visualtech that is what I am looking for, but I am having trouble using it in my projects. Would you mind explaining how to implement the highlighter into my projects? Thanks :)
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

visualtech
Sure! Download the Dll, and then right click in VS's tool box, "Choose Items" and click "Browse" select the .dll file. The component should now be in the Toolbox, drag it to your form. Double click the FORM (Form_Load event) and add
Code: Select all
fastColoredTextBox1.Language = Languages.VB
Or HTML/CS/MySql, etc :)
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Ohhhh I added it as a reference but not to the toolbox. Thank you visualtech I have it working now thanks :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Coding Help & Support”