Webrequest login

If you need help with a project or need to know how to do something specific in VB.NET then please ask your questions in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
AnoPem
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Webrequest login
AnoPem
Hello, its been to long since i coded in vb.net....

But anyway i need help, i need help to download images from a website when i try and open the image url raw i get 403 access denied, i belive its about the cookies can anyone help me with this ?

the host is btw Pixiv
https://t.me/pump_upp
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Webrequest login
visualtech
EDIT 1
==============

I had a look, and it seems that you need to login with either Facebook, or Google or their Pixiv account; now, that's the problem. You need to have a look if there is some API available, if there is, it MUST be supporting OAuth or any other hand-to-hand authentication scheme, if there is, you can easily implement it; should you have any difficulties, we're here to your rescue! :)

Have a look, I searched one for you: https://pixivapi.codeplex.com/ Seems promising!

--------
Hey!

Now, the 403 message can be in a number of situations, including, but not limited to an authentication denied response. To have a deeper look, you can have a look at the API docs, if they have a docset.

Considering the fact that it uses the standard one-to-one protocol for authentication, the problem is that the headers your WebRequest is passing are incorrect, or can't store the information needed to process the request (Session Cookies, etc).

One thing you CAN do is to have a look at the API docs, I had a look at the website, it's Japanese and I really don't speak it, so no luck for me. However, what you can do, is post a little edit about the request you're making; as any help, we may give, at this point, will be redundant.

If you can post the code, I should be able to re-wire it for you! :)
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Coding Help & Support”