VB vs C++

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
astheyfall
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

VB vs C++
astheyfall
I've always wondered what's the differences between Visual Basic and C++ are. Yeah I know they're different coding. Like are you able to do more with C++ than VB or is it just personal preference on which one you want to use? :lol:
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: VB vs C++
visualtech
Well, the question is really broad; by C++ are you referring to Visual C++ or C++/ANSI?
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
C++ is a better language. In VB, you can't even use pointers. C++ has many advantages besides being a lower level language.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

visualtech
You can't just make the assumption that C++ is better; VB is better in it's own regard(s). Example gratis, there is automatic garbage collection in Visual Basic; however, no such system exists in C++/gcc (-> the compiler).

Talking about pointers; there is actually NO need for pointers. If you can virtually allocate and retrieve memory locations, then no need of pointers. You can use languages such as C# with the "out" attribute for dynamic memory addressing :)

With it's release to the Linux/Mac platform, it won't take long before this revolutionizes the whole .NET platform (pretty patriotic, I understand).

The syntax for C++ is actually REALLY REALLY low. For addressing pointers "->" for static definitions "::", etc. With Visual basic you can address ANYTHING with a ".".

Albeit the problem with Visual Basic is the fact is that it requires a runtime environment which is (was, actually) only for Windows; it isn't cross platform. :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”