Simple Web Browser (GeckoFX)

If you need help with a project or need to know how to do something specific in VB.NET then please ask your questions in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Simple Web Browser (GeckoFX)
mikethedj4
I recently bought a new laptop (64Bit w 4GB of Ram) and decided to make one of my web apps available for Windows.

NOTE: I'm using Visual Studio Community 2013

I added Skybound/GeckoFX to my application because I'd rather use the Firefox rendering engine than IE.

However I keep getting the following error and can't debug it...
There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Skybound.Gecko", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
Here's the screenshots:

I'm trying to get GeckoWebBrowser to show and navigate to the StartupPath + "/app/index.html". My problem is getting the GeckoWebBrowser to run in the first place without errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can download the source code at - http://kodeweave.sourceforge.net/src/ko ... -Gecko.zip
Smiley
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Simple Web Browser (GeckoFX)
Smiley
Hi Mike i found that your source was missing some important dll's that need to be referenced and also that you initialized gecko at form load but it needs its own sub so i fixed all that up and it worked for me hope it works for you also.

This file is hosted off-site.

Sincerely, Smiley cooll;
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Coding Help & Support”