Windows 7 - no internet access

Need help with the website or have you spotted an error or do you have any suggestions on how tom improve the site please let us know in here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Windows 7 - no internet access
Vikhedgehog
My windows 7 wont access the internet for around a week now. It says that there is a problem with the DNS server. The wifi card says that it has internet access and is successfully sending/receiving packets. The LAN is saying that there is no internet/network access. I remember uninstalling VMLite and its network drivers before this happened. Any ideas what It could be and how to fix? DNSChanger or driver bug? Also my win7 doesn't have any restore points :/
AnoPem
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Windows 7 - no internet access
AnoPem
Try go to network and sharing center in control panel then go to edit settings for network then right click your card go to options, then click tcp/ipv4 (internet protocol version 4) and click settings, check if it automatic finds dns and ip

https://t.me/pump_upp
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Both adapters get ipv4 automatically.
AnoPem
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

AnoPem
Vikhedgehog wrote:
Both adapters get ipv4 automatically.
Have you tried to troubleshoot your network and internet?
https://t.me/pump_upp
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Yeah and it just says there's a DNS issue and won't fix it.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Let me first ask you a simple question, how many Anti Virus (and firewall) do you have ?
Is there something else that you have (un)installed other than vmlite ?

Can you also take a screenshot of the Network Connections ? [Control panel -> Network connections]
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Zulf
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

Zulf
Be sure you have all of your Network Adapter drivers installed. (Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager > Network Adapters)
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Codex wrote:
Let me first ask you a simple question, how many Anti Virus (and firewall) do you have ?
Is there something else that you have (un)installed other than vmlite ?

Can you also take a screenshot of the Network Connections ? [Control panel -> Network connections]
I have avast antivirus (up to date) and windows firewall. I will post screen tomorrow. :)
Livengood
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

could be also that you have a virus that has done this, or your router is doing this which you can simply reset your router. Either way the point they were getting at is if you had two anti viruses they could be in a battle. Avast i know when i had it, it corrupted my startup and i could login to my computer yet i went into safe mode to fix and uninstall.
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I wouldn't be online right now if it would be my router :lol: After I reinstalled Ethernet adapter it was working fine but slower than usual, then it stopped working again :(

Also when doing ipconfig, it showed a bunch of disabled tunnel adapters???

Edit: It started woking again (fast) after I deleted the ethernet driver. It also no longer shows up a 3rd unidentified network (2nd is hamachi). It always said theres 0 sent and 0 received packets. So yah, I believe it has something to do with the crappy VMLite drivers, use Virtualbox or VMWare instead ;)
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Website Help & Suggestions”