Creating Artwork

Please post your tutorials for this software in here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Creating Artwork
hungryhounduk
Hi All

If you are thinking of becoming a Graphic Designer or an Artworker ( someone that creates Illustrations for Books etc ) then Adobe Illustrator is a must have Package in your Design Arsenal. The great thing about Illustrator, or what i think is, is the Pen Tool, With the Pen Tool you can Create Artwork from your own Drawings or whatever Image you want to reproduce. You can Import Images by a Command in the File menu called "Place" which really means open and Import an Image into the Document.

Once you have the Image in the Blank Illustrator document, you can take its Transparency down and set it at a level where you can work with the Pen Tool and Draw round the Image to create an Outline. You then can use the Direct Selection Tool to go over the Outline and Correct any Mistakes you have made along the way and also join the Lines up so that there are no Gaps, Gaps?? You are thinking? Yes Gaps. The reason you need to make sure that the Outline of your Artwork has no Gaps is because when we have done we can Import the Image Outline into Photoshop, and then we can add the Color and Shading to it and really bring it to Life...

**And this is where Photoshop and the SELECTION TOOL comes into play, as we will select Blank Parts of the Image with the SELECTION TOOL ( As this is why we need NO GAPS ) as if there are GAPS in the Outline then It will be a Real NIGHTMARE to get it Right with Photoshop :x

This is very handy if you want to create Amazing Artwork...Another thing about Illustrator is that if you wish to Print it on a Printer ( where else ) you will see that it prints out Very, Very Crisp and all the Lines ( even 0.25 of a point ) is just so clear that it really is a Dream to work with as whatever you create in Illustrator is a VECTOR IMAGE.

And another GREAT thing about VECTOR IMAGES is that "If I created a SMALL 3 INCH X 3 INCH Image in Illustrator I could SCALE THAT 3 INCH IMAGE THE SIZE OF A BLOCK OF FLATS, And it would lose no Detail and be as SHARP as it was Originally"

Right thats enough from me ;)

I am reproducing the Line Artwork that i put in the Flash Section in Illustrator then i will be importing it to Photoshop to add the Color and Shading.

Imported Artwork in IlIustrator

Here we are using just the Outline and NOT the Fill

Locked Image on the Bottom Layer, NEW Layer above for our Outline

Transparency Turned down so that it's easier to draw round

Naming Your Layers is good Practice

Lots of Paths to our Image

I will be updating this over the next day or so with more Screenshots as i go, as you can see from the last pic, I am going round the image roughly and then when i am done I will go round the whole image and adjust all the Paths of the outline to make it correct, it will take a lot of Patience to do this but it will be worth it when you see the end result.

Chris
Last edited by hungryhounduk on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Miutubevids
VIP-Member
VIP-Member

Re: Creating Artwork
Miutubevids
Wow impressive
i dont want to be a Graphics Designer but i want to be a programmer who can do reasonable graphics work :)
Don't BS the BSer

RePlay V1.0 - Record your Mouse Clicks, Mouse Movments and Keystrokes
AutoClicker v1.0
SnowScreen
Reaction Timer Game V1.0
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Creating Artwork
hungryhounduk
i dont want to be a Graphics Designer but i want to be a programmer who can do reasonable graphics work
Hi Miutubevids

Yes you dont have to be a graphic designer to create good work, I was just generalising :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Adobe Illustrator”