Site upgrade - Today 19th Feb 2021

Important site announcements and information.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
User avatar
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 am

Hi coders,

As you can see the site has has an update today. I huge update.

I hope you all like the new look.

Unfortunately, the update has resulted in the loss of some data over the last few weeks. I can try to retrieve this and will let you know if that happens.

Enjoy the new site and as usual any issues do let me know :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
User avatar
Livengood
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 am

Dig the new look! A refreshed version of Code'N'Stuff!
Image
User avatar
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 am

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:45 amLivengood wrote:
Dig the new look! A refreshed version of Code'N'Stuff!
Thanks, Livengood.

Still needs some work but I do love it :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
User avatar
Livengood
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 am

been a minute since I've been active. Was coming to check it!
Image
User avatar
Livengood
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:24 am

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:54 pmCodenStuff wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:45 amLivengood wrote:
Dig the new look! A refreshed version of Code'N'Stuff!
Thanks, Livengood.

Still needs some work but I do love it :)
Was looking, just a couple of ideas.

For the social media icons, when you hover. You should have it change to the site's primary color. Like Facebook would be a blue ish.
Image
User avatar
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 am

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:03 amLivengood wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:54 pmCodenStuff wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:45 amLivengood wrote:
Dig the new look! A refreshed version of Code'N'Stuff!
Thanks, Livengood.

Still needs some work but I do love it :)
Was looking, just a couple of ideas.

For the social media icons, when you hover. You should have it change to the site's primary color. Like Facebook would be a blue ish.
Good idea. I'll have a look at that.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
User avatar
Codex
Coding God
Coding God
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Site upgrade - Today 19th Feb 2021
Codex
Good job, definitely dig the layout more.

A couple suggestions
  • Header logo low quality
  • Header logo should be clickable and redirect to homepage
  • Post replies should have a different color for message title (ex. see screenshot below, it has blue bar at top)
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
User avatar
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:47 am

Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 amCodex wrote:
Good job, definitely dig the layout more.

A couple suggestions
  • Header logo low quality
  • Header logo should be clickable and redirect to homepage
  • Post replies should have a different color for message title (ex. see screenshot below, it has blue bar at top)
Capture.PNG
Thanks, Codex.

I'll add those to my list of things to look at. Still a few bits and areas I need to sort out, the phpBB layouts are a bit tricky to alter, you wouldn't believe how long it took me to do every single template file from scratch, but we'll get there :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”