New site theme for all

Important site announcements and information.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

New site theme for all
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

Most of you should be aware by now that I have been working on a new site theme and some of you have been using and testing it for a couple of weeks to help me solve display issues and add any missing sections. Even though the new theme is still a work in progress I have had to make some changes to files server-side which has caused display/layout problems to the old themes which makes them look quite messy and I can't spend time fixing them. New visitors to the site will see a broken messy layout and that's not a very good first impression so I have taken the decision to make our new theme default for everyone as of now.

If for any reason you still see the old theme then please read this topic for instructions on how to change it: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10755

Some members were previously using our dark theme and I know people like to change the style to feel comfortable and to match their personality so I have included a theme chooser that enables you to customize the site colour to any colour you want. Here's how to access it:

Click your avatar in the top-right corner of the header to display the user menu and select theme chooser:

Now adjust the colour wheel to your desired colour:

Click submit and your theme is saved.

The theme chooser will be upgraded soon to include options for changing the colour of links, backgrounds and roll overs.

The site has gone through a lot of changes over the years but I think this is the biggest of them all and it makes the site look fresh, modern and inviting to everyone. The home page for example which is the first page new visitors see if now full of information and they can see exactly what we have to offer from posts to blogs and software and videos. Remember years back what our home page use to look like?

...Clearly things have improved :lol:

For those of you who love remembering the past here's another shot for you from our early index page:

The good old days loove; . You can see a lot of features from the old days have remained with us but have evolved over the years and I'm sure the site will continue to evolve for many more years to come.

To existing and future members of Codenstuff.com I hope you like the new theme and continue to enjoy spending time on the site and sharing great code. cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: New site theme for all
Usman55
I like the change but I told you not to put too much white. It is painful to the eyes. I'd like a version with a darker shade.

The buttons and shortcuts are easily accessible and organized as well. I like the new theme.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Darker where?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Everywhere where white exists.

Or maybe I'll lower my brightness :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
OK for those of you who don't really like the whiteness of some areas on the site I have added a new blend option to the theme chooser:

If checked it will make areas like posts and forum lists blend in with whichever colour you've chosen as your theme and hopefully be better than the white :?
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
Thanks a lot, Cody. Now I won't have to keep switching my brightness.
Master M1nd
Top Poster
Top Poster

Master M1nd
Awesome Theme bro cooll;
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”