Latest News - 30th October 2009

Important site announcements and information.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Latest News - 30th October 2009
CodenStuff
Hello,

A very quick update on whats happening and whats new here at Codenstuff.com.

Firstly I would like to introduce you to Nery and Hungryhounduk who have joined the higher ranks and become 'Moderators' of our great community. They will monitor the boards and keep everything in check aswell as help combat those very annoying spammers who I know we all hate!!. If you see any spam activity please report the post and they will deal with it quickly and without mercy. Spammers be warned, you are NOT welcome here.

Another update on the subject of spam is that I have added 2 new security features which will hopefully stop them gaining access to the community. 90% of all spammers we get here on codenstuff.com are the result of spam bots/scripts used by these annoying people so I have:

A) Changed the verification images on the registration page to make it harder for the bots to unscramble the code.
B) Added a new anti-bot question on the registration page which should be VERY hard for the bots to break, if not impossible because it requires a human response.

In the My Creations - tutorials board I have added 3 new categories to make it easier for you to find tutorials for the specific programming language you use which are VB.Net, VB6 and C-Sharp so please post your tutorials in the correct section.

I cannot forget to say thank you to hungryhounduk for designing our new and truely amazing member rank images. hungryhounduk your the best clapper;

Thank you and happy coding! cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Re: Latest News - 30th October 2009
Nery
In the My Creations - tutorials add a Misc category.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

I will add it in my next update Nery.

Another update is that I have change the navigation menu so it now displays correctly on Google Chrome ;) and looks nicer.

Thank you.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Re: Latest News - 30th October 2009
Nery
Okay, very nice, Indeed: It is a fancy Navigation Bar but doesn't fit with the forum colour, change the color of the forum to Orange & Black or Orange & White/Light Orange or you can also change the Navigation Bar Color to Blue.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello,

Its orange because its halloween. Keep up Nery lol.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”