Bookmarks feature

Important site announcements and information.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bookmarks feature
CodenStuff
Add bookmarks in posts

You may have noticed a new button appearing next to the time/date display when viewing topics and another button in the post editor and wondering what its all about so let me try and explain.

The main reason for this feature is because like a lot of you I often get asked where a specific tutorial is or download and people asking for coding help with a problem that I know ive answered before with someone else and it can get frustrating trying to remember which topics contains what the person is looking for so I adapted bookmarks to be more useful.

So when viewing a topic you will see an icon in the breadcrumb bar like this:

You can use this icon to instantly add or remove a topic to your bookmarks list.

When making a post you will see a new bookmark button as seen here:

Click that button to bring up your bookmarks list...

Now in order to add a bookmark to your post just click the one you want and it will be added to the post editor already formatted in BBcode to give a nice titled link.

So whenever you see an interesting topic that you would like to save for future reference then simply bookmark it. You can still view and manage your bookmarks the normal way by visiting your control panel whenever you want too.

This feature will especially come in handy when answering coding problems when someone asks a question that was asked by someone else perhaps a few weeks before you can simply give them the link to the topic which contains the answer..makes life so much easier lol.

So now you know what its all about and I hope you find it useful cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

Re: Bookmarks feature
MrAksel
Really awesome :) Why didn't i think of this? :P
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
looks nice, good work Cody
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
Martin
Supreme VIP
Supreme VIP

Martin
Cool, though i think it should have another icon.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”