To All Members of Codenstuff.com

Important site announcements and information.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Scottie1972
Codenstuff Elite
Codenstuff Elite

To All Members of Codenstuff.com
Scottie1972
In this post there will be no names.
There will be no finger pointing.

Yesterday a thread was started about how I as a system Moderator I am unfair and I like to abuse my Moderator status. Within this thread was also a "Vote" started wanting to remove me from the Moderators group.

Not only was this entire thread against the website rules, but it was also a personal attack on me. Of all the time I have been a Moderator here I have never once received a Private Message (PM) about being unfair or punishing a member for no reason.

The site rules are very clear in the Laws of the Community thread that you can find here. viewtopic.php?f=120&t=454

Now as far as me being a Moderator. Not everyone will like me. But I am fair and yes I am a pain in the rear! This is for many reasons.
1) The website itself has gone from a coding site to a site where everyone is fighting in the forums and in the chatrooms.

2) There have been replys posted on a thread that either made no since, or did not conform to the site rules. So yes, I removed these replys as soon as I see them.

3) Do I ban people? Yes I do. After many verbal warnings I do ban members. I also ban members that have more then one account. Unless a good reason is given by the account holder.

That is all I have to say about that.

BUT!
As a member of the community. I am a person and I do like to play around and try to have some fun. If members cant figure out with I am having fun. That is not my problem. As a member, I will have my own opinion oh what ever I so choose to. Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I can not be myself when ever I choose to. Some of you will like what I have to say. And some of you will not.

-----------

Now as a result of what happened yesterday. I have not banned anyone. I have not "cursed" anyone out. I have not tried to place blame on anyone. I will continue to do what I do everyday. Day in day out. I will continue to watch the chatrooms and the forums. I will continue removing any threads, topics, or replys that do not conform to the community laws. And I will continue to ban members for whatever reason is necessary.

Thank You your time.
hehaho; Have a nice freakin day!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have to say that what happened yesterday (even though I didnt see everything that went on) was uncalled for and against the site rules. We do not like bullying or any type of abuse on this site and myself and the mods do everything possible to keep the site a safe enjoyable and friendly environment to be in but personal attacks like what happened yesterday will not be tolerated.

Yesterdays attack was against Scottie who is not only a valued member of the site but is also a moderator who works really hard to keep the site clean enjoyable and friendly and I think the people involved yesterday should ashamed of what happened and really think about what they did. We all make comments in posts and chat that others may or may not agree with or take offense too but thats not excuse to publically attack someone and single them out like they are solely responsible.

If anyone has an issue with another member we recommend you contact that member via PM and try to work things out but if you feel you cant talk to that member directly you can contact a MOD with your concerns and we will do our best to sort it out. If you have a problem with a MOD either with their manner or an action they have taken then you can contact another MOD or myself about it and again we will deal with it the best way we can but all contact should be made via PM and not in the public forums because not only does it make you appear aggressive but it gives the site a bad image.

After yesterdays events Scottie decided not to punish anyone so I respect that and respect Scottie for the way he handled the situation. If this happens again to any member of the site I will be the one issuing punishment and will ban anyone involved without question.

We are all friends here and if you have a problem with anyone or anything on the site you should discuss it in private the the person(s) involved..keep it outside dont bring it into the house.

Those of you who were involved I hope you will have the decency to contact Scottie and appologise so we can put this ugly situation behind us and get back to being a friendly community.

Scottie you are an inspiration to us all for handling the situation the way you did and I for one am proud to have you here with us cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”