Site Update 21-22 April

Important site announcements and information.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Update 21-22 April
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

This weekend 21st - 22nd April I will be applying the latest changes to the site and as usual I wanted to make you aware of this in advance just incase the site goes offline or any problems occur during the update process.

These updates will be ongoing for the next few months so what you will see this weekend is only the start of changes being made to the site. The template has had a bit of a rework and made slightly wider in order to fit some new content in but the overall style remains the same (for now).

We have had a lot of problems over the last year or so with arguments and spam which pushed the site away from what its really about so im focussing on 2 things during the update process to bring the site back to how it use to be and get the focus back to programming.

The main purpose of the site is programming by sharing code, software and also getting help with code related problems and people want to know what people are sharing, what the latest tutorials are and when you need help you need it pretty fast so we need to make people aware of this and get you help as quickly as possible. The home page and community page will now show bursts of whats happening on site and who needs help with what so you can take a quick glance at whats going on without having to traul through the forums (if you dont like doing that lol).

The site isn't just about programming 24/7 for most of us its like a second home and we hang out here for most of the day so my other focus is on the social side of the site and ive started by fixing the blogs mainly with an issue relating to deleting blog entries some of you didnt like the fact that it didnt permanent delete entries and instead it just left them laying around with an option to undelete so I have fixed that issue and you can now delete your own blogs and replies whenever you want.
Blogs are great for talking about your day, writing reviews or just talking about whatever interests you but blogs have kind of been hidden away and I want to change that so they will now also be displayed on the home page to make people aware of them and get people reading them. Other social features will also be added/updated over the next couple of months.

So yes thats what the focus of these updates are all about, bringing the site back to how it should be and doing what we all love.

This is getting really long now so I think I will shut up and stop boring you all lol.

The first part of the updates will begin this weekend 21st-22nd April and there may be some site disruption so dont worry if the site goes offline its just me tinkering under the hood cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Site Update 21-22 April
Dummy1912
:lol: goodluck
visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Yeah i think the site has gone downhill abit, its not the same as it was, lets hope you can get it back to how it used to be..

Chris
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
If it looks anything like the screenshot you showed us the other day, then the site is going to look awesome ;) I can't wait!
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
wow ! i am happy to see it as soon as possible
Find my programs on Softpedia
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
It will be cool with some new stuff now :D I liked the screenshot where you showed the new homepage with latest blog entries and such :) Will there be a new forum cleanup?
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
I have noticed there isn't much activity regarding programming. Most of us (including me) just discuss our social life and technical problems. Programming has been reduced to 20% but I hope it all gets back to the way it used to be. I was also having my exams these days so I couldn't get on with you guys but hopefully, tomorrow is my last exam and I'll try to be online as much as I could.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
The logo is buggy.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

zachman61
Codenstuff! I love the new update to the theme.
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”