Mark as answered

Important site announcements and information.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mark as answered
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

During the site updates I want to address some of the problems we have on the site and one of those problems has been with people not locking their help & support topics which can be frustrating because we don't know if they solved their problem or not and the reason we ask users to lock topics is so we know when a problem has been solved and we can move on and help others who still need help.

I understand that one of the reasons for this is probably people just being lazy or cant be bothered going through the menus to lock their topics....so I have tried to make it a little simpler and chuck in some extra stuff along the way.

The coding help sections on the site now include "Mark as answered" options which will lock the topic for you in a single click. The first button for this feature can be found underneath the social sharing buttons at the top-right corner of the topic screen:

This button is meant for use if you solve your own problem or just no longer need help with it and clicking it will just lock your topic and let us know you don't need help any more.

The second option is a "Mark as answer" icon displayed in individual post replies and you use this button to mark a post as being the answer to your question so if someone replies to your topic and their post solves your problem then click the icon next to their post.

If you use the "Mark as answer" post icon the topic will lock and the user who solved your problem will get some reputation points. The post with the answer will also be highlighted in green so that in the future if anyone requires help with the same problem they can easily find the answer within the topic by just looking for the green post...they can also find this much quicker by pressing the "View Answer" link at the top of the topic to be taken directly to the answer.

So now locking a help topic is much easier/quicker and members get rewarded for their help solving a problem. Hopefully this will encourage more people to start locking their help topics once they have the answer they need and we can move on to help those who still need help.

I hope you like this new feature and more are on the way cool;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Dummy1912
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Mark as answered
Dummy1912
:lol:

looks nice
but to be honest some of the post we can't even lock :(
maybe thats why its looks not solved.

i still have these problem to lock a post
im sure other have this to.
visit us on:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... -Run.shtml
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/publisher/I-A- ... 90017.html
Check it out ! http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-En ... lock.shtml
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
This is a really great thing :) I have seen it on other sites, with "Best answer chosen by voters", but I have never thought of having it here. Nice work cooll;
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
i really love these new features
Find my programs on Softpedia
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
It will also encourage members to help others solve their problems.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Ok this feature has been on the site for a few weeks now and its great to see that its getting used and appears to work fairly well so I will smarten it up a bit more and update it in a while.

Now that you guys have had time to use it I will also add statistics to your profiles to show how many topics you answered and the best answerer-rer lol :?

More new features are still to come cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

MrAksel
Best anwerer, hmm, mandai? :D I like what you think of :)
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Announcements”