Automatic Backup

Post all your application ideas, thoughts and suggestions in here to inspire others or kick-off a project.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Automatic Backup
CodenStuff
Auto-Backup

A project for someone who is looking for something to code.

An automatic backup application that will create a backup of chosen directories/folders and can be run from a flash drive.

Features:
1) Automatically launches application when flash drive is plugged in (Using an Autorun maybe).
2) When application launches display a window with a countdown so user can choose to enter settings..something like:

3) Offer a setup screen so user can choose which directories/folders to backup.
4) If user doesnt click the countdown window the application will begin automatically backing up the chosen directories/folders.
5) Files should be saved to the flash drive (obviously lol).

So the idea is that this application can be put on to a flash drive then whenever you want to back up your important stuff you just plug the flash drive in to your computer and it does it for you.

See if you can create it cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Automatic Backup
benji_19994
You can also use the command for windows 8 to make a refresh image as well
dualz
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Automatic Backup
dualz
i might look at doing this but i think for greater options is that the user specifies where the backup will be sent as like myself i have many hdd's so using a open folder dialog would help in this situation.

ill take this one on its pretty easy not to say the least

ill write it in a way where the use informs the application which folders that will be backed up which will be stored in an array

then the program will backup all data (copy directories) to the specified drive with progress bar to show the amount of data that is being sent and how long it will take.
Dualz
Co-Owner TADStools Network
  • Microsoft Systems Engineer
    Microsoft Software Engineer
    Cisco Certified Network Engineer
    Programming Languages: Delphi, Python, Cron, PHP, HTML, ASP.Net, Cold Fustion, VB.net, C, C++, C#, XAML, IOS, Android, Java, ASM
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Code Storming”