Team Development - Game Maker Mining Project

Post all your application ideas, thoughts and suggestions in here to inspire others or kick-off a project.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

Hello,

I wanted to announce that VBSplash Applications will be creating a game in Game Maker 8 Professional, and we will need more members, because, well, quite frankly we only have 1 (me). So, to join, send in an application on our site (vbsplash.tk) and when somebody approves you, you are a part of the team!

Now, down to business. This game will be a 2D side-scrolling game, where the objective is to make as much money as possible. You make money by selling jewels and valuables. You find the valuables by using your trusty pickaxe and mining in the mine shafts. When you get enough valuables to sell, you simply use the ladders back up and sell them. Then, you will need to buy more kerosene to keep your flashlight on, which will surround you and get smaller the less kerosene you have. There will be nearly 250 layers, each layer as wide as the map, and the first 5-10 are just dirt, which can't be sold. There will be a few premined shafts with the ladders sufficient to get back up. Now, the world will be comprised of blocks, small blocks too, and you break the blocks by clicking them. Ok.

So, we will need the following:

**Graphics Artist, preferably pixel artist
**Sound finder/creator
**2-3 Additional programmers with exceptional skill in GML/Game Maker.

Everyone will be given full credit, and if the game ends up being fancy enough to sell, we will start it selling for about 75c-$1.00
The game will have to be enjoyable, not passable, but fun to play and draws you back.
It may have multiplayer, and it will have high scores (if we sell it)
So, apply at the site and if someone approves it, you're in the group. Then, we will see if you want to help develop the game!

[MODS, if you consider this advertising, please let me know and I will take this thread down immediately.]

~GoodGuy17 :D
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I'm a good pixel designer so I'll join. (I didn't read the whole post so sorry. Just love to make games.)
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

You must submit the application at the site for full verification.
zachman61
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

i dont see why you can sell a game already made
Nailing my feet to the floor is easier than using my own muscles to balance, but you don't see me doing that :)
GoodGuy17
Coding God
Coding God

Are you going to be a part of development, or is that your only purpose in this thread?
boyd

If you need someone who can find sounds... you can recruit me....PM me!!! wahooo; wahooo; wahooo;
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

This game has never been made :o? but i was making one of these games... and all what you have listed is what i was going to add. but mine was going to be in vb :P ? Cant wait to see it!
RunarM
Hardcore Programmer
Hardcore Programmer

Do you need creative people with good ideas ;)?
Just another day in my life.
http://www.codexvideos.com
Proprogrammer
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Can i help with the coding? I worked on the Guns and Spurs game on yoyogames!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proprogrammer, not just a Programmer.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Code Storming”