Make The Web A Better Place!

Post all your application ideas, thoughts and suggestions in here to inspire others or kick-off a project.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Make The Web A Better Place!
mikethedj4
Have you ever heard the saying, "There's an app for that!"? Well to a degree that's true, but there are still some apps that could be developed that aren't available for the web to date.

For example if you wanted to stream your desktop there's no app to do that. Sure if you're a Windows user you can download, and install ManyCam, and select your desktop to stream it, but this topic isn't about operating systems. It's about the web.

So what I want you to do is think of a web app that hasn't been developed yet and post it below. If you're not sure do some searches, and if you haven't came across anything checkout Jolicloud as they have a great selection of websites, and web apps to help you out.

So lets begin...
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Make The Web A Better Place!
Agust1337
Virtual Machine on the web?
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
Agust1337 wrote:
Virtual Machine on the web?
To be honest I don't see that possible. At least not yet. 10 years from now maybe, as a lot has changed in 10 years, but it is a good idea.

Here's some ideas.

1) Web Based Browser, not really for browsing though, but to store all your bookmarks, online in the cloud so if you ever upgrade an os you can get your bookmarks.

2) Stream your Desktop like I said in the example

3) I'd like to see a good After Effects alternative come to the web. There's plenty for the desktop like Wax 2.0, Blender, Cinelerra, and even Jahshaka, but not one for the web. Plus to be honest JayCut has gotten the farthest so far, but I don't see them making an After Effects alternative for the browser.

4) Web Based 3D Modeling app (I know about Tinkercad, which is a start, and it's still in beta, but it's more for architectural purposes, and not really for making a 3d movie, like 3Ds Max, or Blender. Same goes with 3D Tin as well)

5) I'd really like to see ways where you can run desktop applications in a browser for ALL OPERATING SYSTEMS. There is an app you can install on windows to do it in a browser, but where's that leave Mac, and Linux users?

6) I'd like to see a way to compile, and run java apps to run in the browser, and on the desktop.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.
Axel
Coding God
Coding God

Axel
I'd like to see something wine-like on the web =D
http://vagex.com/?ref=25000
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Code Storming”