Why Are You A Linux User?

Talk about anything and everything Linux.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Why Are You A Linux User?
mikethedj4
Now this is not a debate thread between Linux, and Windows/Linux and Mac OS X/Linux, and Unix, or whatever this is strictly just curiosity.

When I first started being a Linux user, it was just cause of the desktop special effects, and the free open source software. Additionally with it being open source I can view the coding files, and see the codes that were used to create the program C++, C#, Python, etc: and if you can understand the languages like myself it's actually a way to learn programming seeing how the codes, interact with each other, and well you get the drift.

It was originally cause of the free software though as I'm a poor person, and can't afford much at all the free software really becomes beneficial to me. Also most of the free software is just as good, or even better than some of the paid software out there. Like Gimp is just as good as PhotoShop, can do most of the same things, just gotta find a way to maneuver around it, and create the effect a different way. Same goes with Blender, and Cinelerra.
bisnes_niko
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

Re: Why Are You A Linux User?
bisnes_niko
I am Linux user, because I haven't bothered installing Windows 7 to my laptop :P I might will not install W7, cuz I got in Python programming :P
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Discussion”