Ubuntu apps?

Post about and submit your favourite software for Linux.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Ubuntu apps?
troop
Hi everyone, i know nobody here use ubuntu but if someone use linux ubuntu i started using it recent but i really want to know what good apps out there u use, i use all kind of stuff, like programming , video editing, tools . etc pl0x tell me what stuff u use so i download and whats the best apps to get ;D
thanks!
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Ubuntu apps?
smashapps
Developing on Ubuntu:

You can use MonoDevelop.

Download from this website:

http://monodevelop.com/

Information on installing MonoDevelop for Ubuntu:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/348351/h ... 4-on-12-04
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

troop
smashapps wrote:
Developing on Ubuntu:

You can use MonoDevelop.

Download from this website:

http://monodevelop.com/

Information on installing MonoDevelop for Ubuntu:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/348351/h ... 4-on-12-04

wow that looks really good i will get it :D
Thanks!
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

troop
bump anyone else have apps to say
loove;
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
Quickly workflow and tools - Quickly puts together all of the recommended tools for app development in Ubuntu.

Qt Creator - an alternative for those developers who choose to create applications in the C++ or QML programming languages.

Eclipse - and advanced and very flexible environment as an alternative for Java developers, extensible to support other languages through plugins.

Anjuta- the official development environment from the GNOME project, as an alternative for C and C++ developers.

Kate- is a KDE powerful texteditor, for HTML, Ruby, Python and others.

GIMP- is the replacement of Adobe Photoshop in Linux, Download. This is the best program for designers.

Filezilla- is an application for FTP connection to mainly upload content to your web server.

Virtual Box- it’s an application for running virtual machines on the local machine, it is useful for running windows over Ubuntu, or running any other operating system.

Ubuntu Tweak - is a user friendly application to config Ubuntu , install new application and add new features.

Terminator- is an application for running multiple terminals in one window, saves time and effort.

DropBox- cloud storage service.
Find my programs on Softpedia
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
I've been using Ubuntu ever since 10.04, now on 13.10 and excited about 14.04... Love it!

I'm on my phone, so I won't be able to post links yet, but here are some of the things I use on Ubuntu (some of them are available for Windows as well):

- Inkscape (vector graphics)
- GIMP (image editing)
- Geany (IDE / editor)
- Libreoffice (standard with Ubuntu nowadays)
- PuTTY (for SSH access to my Raspberry Pi)
- Python 3 (Ubuntu 13.10 comes with Python 2.x by default)
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

troop
Thanks guys, those are useful and i will get all of them :)
ty loove;
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
You all added most of the apps I used and request lol. I still have some to mention though.

I haven't came across any desktop app for Linux that'll enable the live preview/code debugging feature like JSBin. So I made my own app (mainly for Android, but also for the cloud, and a minified Linux version) called The HTML OnLive Debugger.

The Glade Interface Designer is nice and the name is self explanatory.

I like using TideSDK to compile my web applications as native desktop apps. The Linux version will compile the Linux app, Windows for Windows, and Mac for Mac. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't support the File and FileReader API's.

Blender - 3D modeling, video editing, and game development platform available for Win/Lin/Mac it's free, and open source (licensed under creative commons) Best free alternative to 3ds max, maya, cinema 4d, and after effects. An amazing application with a world of potential.

Now I personally have never tried Lightworks. The long waited public beta just got released 12/12/2013 so it hasn't been out that long. (It's available for Windows as well) This is suppose to be another amazing Hollywood type video editor similar to After Effects. I personally haven't looked into it much myself, but news been going crazy on this.

There's tons of Linux programming tutorials out there. You can head here to see those that are posted here.

Brackets is an open source editor for web design and development built on top of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. The project was created and is maintained by Adobe, and is released under the MIT License. (I personally prefer the Cloud9IDE better, but this is still a great program)
troop
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

troop
thanks mike im going to install the ones i want now
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

mikethedj4
You can also use Audacity for editing auto files (great Adobe Audition alternative).
You can also use LMMS for producing music (great FL Studio alternative).
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Software”