KolourPaint (MS Paint Clone For KDE Linux)

Post about and submit your favourite software for Linux.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Official Website - Download Page

Screenshot:
kolourpaint.png
About The Program:
KolourPaint is a basic yet easy to use application that is designed for pixel art, but not only that it's also designed and enabled for users to edit yet create/change image files. In essence this more than an MS Paint clone.

NOTE: You can apply all the tutorials on MS Paint to KolourPaint. it has the transparency hack, you can make the 3d tubes, 3d text, etc: etc: Same thing, just different name, different compatibility, different interface, little more filters, and hidden features you can find, when you try it out.

System Requirements:
The Generic Linux/x86 + KDE3 Binary needs no installation nor root - just decompress & run. It works on most GNU/Linux/x86 distributions released after August 2002. Specifically, it requires: Linux/x86, KDE 3.x, Qt 3 (>= 3.0.5) with threading, X, glibc 2.2, gcc 3.2 ABI.

Linux/x86 + KDE 3 Binary v3 Warnings:

* It does not consistently prompt you to save if you exit with unsaved changes (due to misfiring virtual methods) [Bug #115841].

* It might not work "out of the box" in gcc 3.4/4.0-based distributions (released after mid 2004) e.g. Fedora Core 3 and 4. In such distributions, you must install the gcc 3.2 ABI compatibility libraries - look for a package named "compat-libstdc++33" or anything that provides "/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5". This limitation will be overcome in the future standalone releases.

Source code requires compilation with the Qt 3.x & KDE 3.x development libraries (preferably Qt 3.3 & KDE 3.3)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Agust1337
Coding God
Coding God

Wow, looks unique, infact it looks even better than the standard one that is on vista and below.
You're crazy!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested. ~Sheldon Cooper
Zulf
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

I was about to flip out if you were talking about the one on Win7..Lol. It looks a better than the original MS paint cause there's a toolstrip.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

The the icons look much better on this, than the ones in the classic MS Paint (Vista-) I like the options on it too, cause it has more to offer, but my all time favorite is still Gimp though. I just thought I'd share.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Software”