Talk about anything to do with MACs
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Anyone here ever use an ibook?
mikethedj4
I'm considering buying one, but I also want to do image editing, software development, and minor video editing (motion graphics).

If anyone here has used one, how good is an ibook, and how well would it work for what I'd like to do?
anthonygz

iBooks Review
anthonygz
They're pretty good for their portability, and you can even get "Free" ones, if you wish to find one on the internet.

The store itself offers a lot of books, and supports PDF's, E-Books you've already bought online, and of course ones you would get from iBooks itself.

For example, if you would buy an E-Book software download on "Programming", then it could be easily imported into the iBooks application itself.
Or the iBooks store has books on Software Programming, or basic Programming Languages if you require those.
Or in your case "Image" editing, they have those too, and thousands of other books.

The displaying of the book is pretty well done on an iPad, and with the iPhone or iPod it's a good electronic book replacement for those who don't wish to have a laptop or anything in that caliber on them all of the time.

The app itself neatly organizes all of your books, and with the power if iCloud all of your books can be viewed on any other device that you would own with your Apple ID.

So, is it worth it?
For what it offers, yes.
If you prefer the touch of paper in your hand, and the ability to do more with a "Paper" book; Then the app and buying of books isn't worth it.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Anyone here ever use an ibook?
Codex
Do you mean ibook as in a macbook laptop or the actual ibook application on the appstore ?
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Anyone here ever use an ibook?
Usman55
I think he wants to buy a tablet which displays ebooks and he also wants to do image editing, software preogramming etc.

I don't think such a tablet has the hardware capabilities to do what you want to do. You're better off buying a real tablet.

Unless of course, you meant something else. lol
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Codex wrote:
Do you mean ibook as in a macbook laptop or the actual ibook application on the appstore ?
Laptop
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I finally bought my first mac. It's a used 2007 White Macbook running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. (Still a learning curve having to use command instead of CTRL, plus I don't like the keyboard. Along with the fast the battery on this one doesn't fit in right so I have to leave it plugged in, but for $140 I'm not complaining. You get what you pay for)

Now that I have a Mac though I plan on making kodeWeave available for OS X 10.5+ (Just gotta figure out how to do it now)
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Discussion”