Talk about anything to do with MACs
1 post Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Mac OS X Lion 10.7
mikethedj4
On October 20th at 10AM PST In L.A (I believe, but not to sure where) Apple showed everyone there a preview of the new Mac OS X Lion 10.7 coming out. (watch the video below to see the preview)
Now I was wondering, what do you guys think of this so far as where their at now, and what ideas do you guys have for future development, and information regarding Mac OS X.

For myself I know for a fact some people won't use the App Store, but others will, however it's still a big improvement, but it's not a big deal for me though, cause I stick with free, open source, cross platform applications, especially the ones I like, such as Gimp, Blender, Kompozer, Inkscape, and more. I like the updates to Expose, but for all that was shown I think they need to add so many more things in like built in customization options, instead of getting 3rd party software to customize your dock for example. Also I'd like to see Apple make a another laptop, similar to the Pro, and Air, but make it a hybrid so it'll not only be a notebook, but also a tablet pc. Now I know we've seen this before on some of the models I decided to list below (sorry I'm an Attack Of The Show Fan, I miss Call For Help Though with Chris Pirillo)

Asus Eee PC 1201N Netbook
Lenovo Ideapad U1 Hybrid
Dell Inspiron Duo Tablet Netbook
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t Netbook

Thoughs are for examples I think would help Apple big time, but also try doing what Lenovo did with their W700 Thinkpad, by having a built in Wacom Tablet, which would be a huge improvement, and help with graphic designers not hafting to carry their tablet everywhere they go, but these are just some ideas.

Also I'm not a big fan of the glossy look anymore, I mean I like it and all, but it's just a huge smudge magnet, and I think they as well as other companies need to change this, however if it's a touch screen, well what can you do?

Anyway these are my thoughts I'd love to hear what you guys think.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “General Discussion”