2026 Replies
  • 331 Replies
    1928 Replies

Can't install Xcode 3.2.6 on Snow Leopard

mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner

Can't install Xcode 3.2.6 on Snow Leopard

Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:47 am

I downloaded Xcode 3.2.6 from Apple's Developer downloads (extracted the installer from the dmg to my downloads) and when I run the installer it says, "The Installer can't locate the data it needs to install the software. Check your install media or Internet connection and try again, or contact the software manufacturer for assistance.".
Screen shot 2015-04-25 at 9.33.09 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Codex
Coding God

Re: Can't install Xcode 3.2.6 on Snow Leopard

Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Try to either download xcode from the App Store or reinstall your os x software, the files xcode needs might be missing from the OS
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner

Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:49 pm

I found out what the problem was I had to run the installer from the disk image instead of running it from my documents.

Codex
Coding God

Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Great cooll; Glad you got it working :)
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

Return to “Help & Support”