CnS Sidebar Download

This is a seperate project based on the sidebar from CnS Desktop. Its standalone and any sidebar addins made for desktop will also function in this sidebar.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CnS Sidebar Download
CodenStuff
Hello,

This is the first release of CnS Sidebar mainly for testing and to see what we can do with it but it is quite functional and includes some demo add-ins for you to play with and to give you some ideas for what you could create for it.

This is the sidebar in its current form:
sidebar22.png
The add-ins included are:

CnS Desktop 3D Clock created by hungryhounduk (its a must have ;) )
sshot-22.png
CnS Info:
sshot-18.png
Slide Show:
sshot-20.png
CnS Mini-Chat:
sshot-21.png

When the sidebar first loads you will see hungryhounduks clock pre-loaded at the top and if you want to add more simply go into the options screen and double click on any of the add-ins to add them to the bar. You can change the order of them by placing your mouse to the top-left of the add-ins on the sidebar then click/hold and drag them up or down to rearange them.

Loaded add-ins and the order in which they appear on the sidebar are automatically saved for the next time you run the sidebar.

If you have trouble displaying/using the CnS Info or Mini-Chat add-ins this maybe because you are using IE8 and to fix it you will need to run IE8 and goto the Codenstuff.com website, then press the compatibility view button to the right of the address bar. You may need to login again but once completed you should be able to use the add-ins without any problems.

Please let me know of any problems/errors or bugs you may find while using the sidebar.

Download: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=3006#p20355

I dont have an auto update system for it yet so please check this post regularly for updates.

Thank you cooll;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Cheatmasterbw
Coding God
Coding God

Re: CnS Sidebar Download
Cheatmasterbw
Great Program! i have one question though.

How do i get codenstuff information in my program like posts and credits?
http://www.megaapps.tk/
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Excellent Codenstuff and it works like a dream :)

The Only issue i have is that it throws anException when i click the "Run at Startup" Button, that is due to a Permissions Error, and HOW do you remove the apps from the sidebar, or is that not an Option at the moment...

Chris
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

Lewis
This is brillllliant
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Hello,

Hmm the exception could be if your using Vista/7? because it adds startup code to the registry and you may need admin permissions or something :? you can remove from the side bar by double clicking the top left corner of the add-in, the same spot used to rearrange them.

Ill add a way for you to get codenstuff information soon cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

Lewis
I cant chatbox or see my info
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
If you have trouble displaying/using the CnS Info or Mini-Chat add-ins this maybe because you are using IE8 and to fix it you will need to run IE8 and goto the Codenstuff.com website, then press the compatibility view button to the right of the address bar. You may need to login again but once completed you should be able to use the add-ins without any problems.

You need to make sure you choose the "Keep me logged in" option when logging into the site aswell otherwise it cant get your information.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hmm the exception could be if your using Vista/7? because it adds startup code to the registry and you may need admin permissions or something you can remove from the side bar by double clicking the top left corner of the add-in, the same spot used to rearrange them.
Hi Codenstuff
That Bloody Permissions again devil;

Thanks for the Info cooll;

Chris
Livengood
Serious Programmer
Serious Programmer

Livengood
i will have to check this out :D
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

Lewis
I also like the way it actualy moves all the windows to the side ( resizes them )
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “CnS SideBar”