Sony - Borrow a phone

Useful links/downloads to software and other resources for android.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sony - Borrow a phone
CodenStuff
Hello,
Xperia-S.jpg
Anyone who is getting into smartphone app development knows that its hard to test their apps using just an emulator and if you dont have a phone to test them on then how can you be sure they work correctly?.

If you dont have an Android phone or cant afford an Android phone Sony are throwing you a life-line with their new device loaner program. You can borrow a Sony Xperia phone from Sony for 30 days completely free of charge to test your apps on if you live in the US & Canada but if you live outside those areas you may still be able to borrow one but will need to pay the shipping & tax costs.

To register for the program and get your free phone for 30 days see this page:

https://www.viennachannels.com/register.php?P=se1

The phone have to be returned after 30 days and you will be contacted after registration with details on how the program works.

This is a great idea from Sony to help developers test their apps on the latest phones without having to pay a fortune to do it.

Check it out cooll;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

Re: Sony - Borrow a phone
MrAksel
Thats awesome :) Its not many phone programs I make, and I do own an android phone, but its so old that I need a phone with a bit of processing power :lol: It is a brilliant idea from Sony, and I guess it will become very popular.
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Usman55
But even if it's completely free, won't they charge for any damage to the phone?
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Vikhedgehog
Yes its kinda weird, the phone gets damaged by time and not everyone is very careful, especially if its free. And what if someone steals it or sends a fake phone back? And they need money to make those phones. There must be some kind of fee. omg;
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I think obviously if you break/damage the phone you will have to pay for it. Think of it like DVD rental or something you rent a DVD for 30 days then send it back..if the DVD is scratched you have to pay for it.

Besides the phone shouldnt get broke or stolen as long as you keep it in your house and just use it for testing apps which is what its meant for.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
This is only in Canada/US, Damn :/
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Resources”