Building a new pc + stuff.

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Hasknight

Building a new pc + stuff.
Hasknight
Well, hello everyone. first of all sorry for being in-active. Its been about 4 and a half years since being a member soo... had to take a little time off. But im back now! congratulation to CnD for the 5 years of awesomeness. Thanks to Usman55 for introducing me here.
Now to the important stuff, im building a pc. I dont know if this is the right place to be asking but i hope i'll get some opinions.
I'm thinking of building a budget gaming pc for about $650. Excluding all the externals (mouse, keyboard,etc). I found some really good suggestions but im still not completely satisfied.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaE88PAqbC8 this is the only one i liked. Can someone check it out? If i can change some parts for a good price that would be nice. hehaho; thank you. And congratulations again on the 5 years! wahooo;
Image HASKNIGHT
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Building a new pc + stuff.
CodenStuff
I'm not a big gamer and I'm not sure of the prices/components that are available in various parts of the world but for $600-ish it looks like a good gaming set-up to me.

If you're buying the parts individually my advice would be to check the prices from as many retailers as you can, check check and check again to get the best price possible for each bit. Some bundles can actually work out cheaper than buying individual parts as well so check them out if you can :)

Good to see you on site again and celebrating our birthday cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Personally, I built my gaming PC couple of months ago for around 600$
It has:

GA-970A-UD3
Phenom 2 x4 965
GTX 660 2GB
Antec 550W (it was cheap, not very well known but it is pretty good)

To be honest.. I'm not satisfied with the 965 fully, the stock fan is REALLY LOUD.. like an airplane engine :P (I chose not to buy a cooler because of my budget..)
Secondly, the 965 isn't as powerful as I would like it to be. Sometimes when I'm running many applications in the background it starts to bottleneck (or if it has been on for some time).
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Hasknight

Hasknight
@codenstuff Will consider that. thanks mate :) pleased to be back.
@codex could u suggest a 3gb graphic card?
Image HASKNIGHT
Hasknight

Hasknight
+ a bit silent fan. loud fans are annoying ':p
Image HASKNIGHT
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Hasknight wrote:
The problem is that I can't give you a build based on your budget since I don't know the prices in your country.
Hasknight wrote:
Mine costed around 600$, for an additional 50$ you can add a cooler. The 2GB GTX 660 runs Battlefield 4 on high-ultra settings. Not sure why you would add a 3GB GPU to a budget gaming rig.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Hasknight

Hasknight
Codex wrote:
Hasknight wrote:
The problem is that I can't give you a build based on your budget since I don't know the prices in your country.
Hasknight wrote:
Mine costed around 600$, for an additional 50$ you can add a cooler. The 2GB GTX 660 runs Battlefield 4 on high-ultra settings. Not sure why you would add a 3GB GPU to a budget gaming rig.

But im getting a 3gb gpu for the same price.
Image HASKNIGHT
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

kolega28
The amount of GDDR Ram the graphics card doesn't matter at all unless you're running SLI, well, too little can be bad, but 1gb is enough for a single monitor setup, anything more doesn't increase performance noticeably.
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

kolega28
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p8Ppzy

Here's a nice build, the GPU and built in GPU (on the APU) can be put in crossfire which gives a nice free performance boost. Also it's colour matched :)
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”