Windows 10 reveal today

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows 10 reveal today
CodenStuff
Excited?

So, a few years ago Windows 8 was released and I personally really liked it but most people seemed to hate it, mainly because of the start screen (formerly known as Metro). Then last year (was it last year :? ) they released an update Windows 8.1 which made loads of improvements but still had the start screen which people continued to hate.

I have to be honest and say that I don't use the start screen very much, in fact I only access it when I want to check my emails.

Now today Microsoft should be revealing what they have planned for Windows 9 at a press event in San Francisco, but what will it be like?, what improvements will be made, what new features can we expect, and more importantly when will it be released and for how much.

No live streams of this event so far :( only live blogs which you can find in various sites and it kicks off at 6pm UK time.

Start times (from Verge)
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
1:00PM - Eastern
5:00PM - GMT
6:00PM - London
7:00PM - Paris
9:00PM - Moscow
1:00AM (October 1st) - Hong Kong
2:00AM (October 1st) - Tokyo
3:00AM (October 1st) - Sydney

Verge live blog of the event: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/29/68680 ... ws-9-event

What would you like to see in Windows 9?
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Windows 9 reveal today
Usman55
I've been waiting for this. Isn't it time already to start the event?
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Event started. Windows 10 on the way :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

kolega28
Oh god, metro is being integrated into desktop, at least no more full on metro on desktop platforms.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Windows 10

• Will work on a range of devices, phones, tablets, PCs, wearable tech
    One app store for all devices using universal apps
    Cloud based and mobile focussed
    Me tile and app tiles will now appear in the start menu - yes there IS a start menu.
    *An interface that Windows 7 users will be familiar with when they upgrade
    Improved search - now back on the start menu - will search files, apps, cloud and internet results
    "Metro" apps will now run in a traditional window - snap view included

• Power user features
    New 'Task View' button on task bar displays all apps you have currently open (multiple desktops and power user features for multitasking)
    Improved command prompt .... dunnno; meh

Improved UI for touch enabled desktops and devices, start screen remains for people with touch inputs and has been updated.

Technical preview build available for download from tomorrow

http://www.preview.windows.com

More info to follow at BUILD in April 2015 and official release of Windows 10 later in the year (September perhaps)

Hopefully a video demo will be posted online soon so we can get a better idea of what it's like.

Will you be downloading and trying the preview?
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: Windows 10 reveal today
comathi
That looks awesome. It's about time multiple desktops were supported natively by Windows!

I don't think I'll download the preview (don't want to mess up my stuff) unless I can run it in a virtual machine cooll;
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Just released tour video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NI5fjTfpQ
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
It's not currently possible to be a Windows insider, but pretty soon you should be able to access http://preview.microsoft.com/ and download Windows 10 tech preview :D

I'll be downloading it and testing it on my laptop (which I was using for testing OSes anyway) and report back to you when possible cooll;
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Filip
comathi wrote:
It's not currently possible to be a Windows insider
That's what you think ;)

CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
Filip wrote:
comathi wrote:
It's not currently possible to be a Windows insider
That's what you think ;)

How much did he give you for your personal service (per minutes/seconds)? You must've obviously had experience in that field before :lol:
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”