My great experience with Windows 10

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
dj1437
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

My great experience with Windows 10
dj1437
If you want to get mad over this post read the spoiler. Rollover to view spoiler

I'm running this on a Dell Inspiron 9300 (Top of the line laptop from 2005) so I fully understand that this is going to suck on a Windows version that is 3 upgrades from XP. This is all meant to be taken as a joke as this is a SUPER old PC.

So, im running the absolute newest and prime version of windows to date today. It is cutting edge in performance and here is my experience.

After waiting 3 whole hours upgrading from windows 7, I finally saw a boot screen. It boots in an absolutely fast 1 minute and 10 seconds. WOW. That's some speed. That's almost SSD speed.

I had it started up and instantly went to go check my wonderful super top of the line specs. Windows had detected them perfectly and so far my experience was wonderful.Image

After that I went to check winver.exe to see what version of technical preview i was running. I was instantly disappointed as I felt mislead that Microsoft had actually released Windows 6.4 but named it Windows 10.

Once I had gotten done bawling my eyes out at the utter disappointment of Windows 6.4, I went to check out the settings to see what I could mess around with. The metro apps work great by the way. You can endlessly stare at the starting screen for apps for the 30 minutes it takes to load them. Fun!

While messing with the computers settings, I discovered that you could enable the swift and beautifully fluid metro start screen that everyone loved from Windows 8. It runs even faster than it did before! It starts up in a instant 30 seconds!

Through the Windows Store I discovered from the Start Screen, I found a wonderful library of games to choose from. I wanted to let my gaming beast be exposed to some demanding games, so I got Asphalt 8 for it. And I'll tell you, it was screaming at a literal 60fps (not even kidding). The graphics were amazing too, by the way.

And thus you have seen my experience with Windows 10 on my wonderful hardware. I recommend this OS to everyone in the world, no matter how old the PC. I hope you all enjoyed :D
This is a signature.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well at least you know it works on older PCs, even if it is quite slow to load stuff lol.

I haven't had a chance to test the preview yet because my secondary PC is in a bad mood for reason, I hope to try it out some time this weekend though.

Nice review lol cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I'm hope this post was sarcastic. My own laptop isn't much better.

I'll try it in a virtual drive. Don't want to mess up my sole partner. :p
XTechVB
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

So basically is Windows 7 with a metro interface and an app store right? Will Microsoft ever move forward the Windows project? Since Windows XP they are more concerned about changing the interface rather then adding new functionality and updating 2 decades old libraries.
You can find me on Facebook or on Skype mihai_92b
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

XTechVB wrote:
So basically is Windows 7 with a metro interface and an app store right? Will Microsoft ever move forward the Windows project? Since Windows XP they are more concerned about changing the interface rather then adding new functionality and updating 2 decades old libraries.
I partially disagree with you here.

It does seem as if Microsoft has spent a lot more time on the UI than anything else, and for good reason. However you said,
XTechVB wrote:
Since Windows XP they are more concerned about changing the interface rather then adding new functionality.

Quick look at some new features they've added since XP.
- Start Search (First introduced in Vista)
- Windows Sidebar (Removed due to a security vulnerability. I prefer Rainmeter instead)
- Performance Center
- Various Updates to Applications, Organizing Metadata & File Operations, Mouse & Touch Gestures, Hotkeys for moving/maximizing/minimizing & launching pinned applications
- Various New Apps like Steps Recorder (First introduced in 7)
New features added in Vista
New features added in 7
New features added in 8

Keep in mind Windows 10 is still very early.

but features really? aside from what I mentioned above Windows 10 now allows..
- Multiple virtual desktops
- Windowed metro applications
- more that Microsoft didn't announce

Both Microsoft and Apple have two diametrically opposing views on the use of desktops, tablets, and smartphones.

Apple believes you should use the "right device for the right moment".
Microsoft believes you can have "one devices for all your computing needs". (Terry Myerson the executive vice president made that statement, but some find it unclear as if he also meant smartphones)

Because of Microsoft's approach this type of thing takes a long time to develop and the user's opinion and experience using it is very important.

I prefer Microsoft's approach on this a lot more than Apple's although I would like to see some features on Yosemite put into Windows 10 like a global search bar right in front of the screen, that also shows search results from the web (Which Windows 10 shows web results but doesn't show in a live preview like Spotlight). (I can add more ideas but you get the picture. Plus that's what 3rd party apps are for :D)

Microsoft has already stated publicly that they are focused more on the user interface, user experience and features all go hand in hand.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I decided to give Windows 10 a try for myself and installed it my laptop.
sys.png
I must say I'm very pleased with it so far. It's the smoothest and most responsive version of Windows I've used yet.

My only problem...
problem.png
I sent Microsoft my suggestions, and I hope to see them in this release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

mikethedj4 wrote:
I decided to give Windows 10 a try for myself and installed it my laptop.
sys.png
I must say I'm very pleased with it so far. It's the smoothest and most responsive version of Windows I've used yet.

My only problem...
problem.png
I sent Microsoft my suggestions, and I hope to see them in this release.
I believe they're actually gonna integrate Cortana into Windows 10, so that will definitely be included then, Windows 10 really has been great so far.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

I think that everything after Windows 7 is nothing quite revolutionary compared to 7's entrance into the market. I think they need to add one killer feature, because I still believe that OS X is much better than Windows. (One thing Windows 8 has, which I REALLY love is the boot time reduction). Windows 8 looked soo nice, except when I used it, it felt like something was missing.

My 2 cents
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

win10prob.png
win10prob2.png
I had an update today and this is what text looks like now. As a matter of fact as I'm writing this, this is what I see while typing. Let me just say this is really annoying. I hope Microsoft fixes this sometime soon.
error-error-cantread.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

lol weird. Maybe its real-time encryption for privacy, so secure not even you know what it says :lol:

Possible fix:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... 14Feedback
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”