New versions of Visual Studio have arrived!

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Hey Guys,

I thought I would update you on the new Visual Studio!

Visual Studio Community 2013

A Full-Featured IDE - FREE
Start coding the app of your dreams for Windows, Android, and iOS.

Q & A

Q: Who can use Visual Studio Community?
A: Here’s how individual developers can use Visual Studio Community:
Any individual developer can use Visual Studio Community to create their own free or paid apps.
Here’s how Visual Studio Community can be used in organizations:
An unlimited number of users within an organization can use Visual Studio Community for the following scenarios: in a classroom learning environment, for academic research, or for contributing to open source projects.
For all other usage scenarios: In non-enterprise organizations, up to 5 users can use Visual Studio Community. In enterprise organizations (meaning those with >250 PCs or > $1MM in annual revenue), no use is permitted beyond the open source, academic research, and classroom learning environment scenarios described above.

Q: How does Visual Studio Community 2013 compare to other Visual Studio editions?
A: Visual Studio Community 2013 includes all the great functionality of Visual Studio Professional 2013, designed and optimized for individual developers, students, open source contributors, and small teams.

Q: How do I create a Visual Studio extension?
A: Millions of developers use Visual Studio extensions every day. Check out http://integrate.visualstudio.com for more information on building on any of the Visual Studio development tools and services.

System Requirements

Supported operating systems

Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
Windows Server 2012 (x64)
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
Hardware requirements

1.6 GHz or faster processor
1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
20 GB of available hard disk space
5400 RPM hard disk drive
DirectX 9-capable video card that runs at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
Additional requirements

This version of Visual Studio works best with Internet Explorer 10 or higher. If Internet Explorer 10 is not installed on your computer, some features might not work as expected.
KB2883200 (available through Windows Update) is required
For Windows Phone development:
Windows Phone 8.0 development requires Windows 8.1 (x64) or higher
Windows Phone 8.1 development requires Windows 8.1 (x86) or higher
For the Windows Phone emulators, Windows 8.1 (x64) Professional edition or higher, and a processor that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
If your computer meets the operating system requirements but does not meet the hardware requirements for the Windows Phone Emulators, the Windows Phone development tools will install and run. However, the Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1 Emulators will not function and you must use a device to deploy or test Windows Phone apps.

Download: Download Page

Visual Studio 2015 Preview

Visual Studio 2015 Preview contains many new and exciting features to support cross-platform mobile development, web & cloud development, IDE productivity enhancements, and more.

NOTE Visual Studio 2015 Preview and .NET 4.6 Preview are for testing and feedback purposes only. This release is unsupported and are not intended for use on production computers, or to create production code. We strongly recommend only installing this release in a virtual machine, or on a computer that is available for reformatting.

You can download VS Ultimate 2015 Preview and .Net Framkework 4.6 from the following URL.

Download Here: Download Page
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow that's great news. Now people can have a "full" version of Visual Studio with all the features of the paid version boogy;

You will have to start posting tutorials on how to make extensions now, something people haven't been able to create using the express versions cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Then in that case I better start learning!
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
NoWayIn
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

The only thing im interested in is cross-platform :D
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hey
I am downloading this as I type, looks like it could be a great move from Microsoft, It's not often one of the bigboys gives away anything for free.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Took about 2 hours to download and setup, But yeah looks really nice and works Great!! Sweet :)
Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Microsoft has been very generous for the past few months. First they offered Office on iPads, iPhones and Android for free and now this.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Yayy!!!!! Port. It. People.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”