It's Happening!!!

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

It's Happening!!!
comathi
Windows 10 is happening, to be exact :D

I've started the upgrade process (will probably do a clean install later but we'll see how it goes for now). I can't wait to use this glorious new OS and I hope not to be disappointed by Microsoft.

I'll keep you guys updated, so stick around ;)

reececlarke
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: It's Happening!!!
reececlarke
Got windows 10 my self on the 29th
Master M1nd
Top Poster
Top Poster

Master M1nd
Great! boogy;
BTW I'm still on Windows 7 with Linux, dual booted goofy;
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I already have it and it ..is...awesome boogy; wahooo;

Install it now. NOW I SAY! fight; lol
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed.

Yes, Windows 10 looks fabulous and it's quite a smooth operation. No complaints on that end. However, I feel as though Microsoft were totally unprepared for launch.

A few things:

-Cortana is unavailable for the moment in Canada. I get that they want to tailor it to different regions so it feel familiar, but you'd think a country with millions of potential users would have been taken care of before launch... A little disappointed I must say.

-Mail and Calendar: While they do work with Google (as in they download the mail and the calendar events), they do not sync with Google's servers, despite using IMAP and enabling all the sync settings. Again, major disappointment, as I was hoping to use a native app instead of the browser to manage my mail and calendars.

Edit: Scratch that, I was able to get Calendars and Mail working with my Google account in the end. Good job Microsoft wahooo;

-Skype integration: Something that was promised and tested during the Insider preview period, apparently. Microsoft has talked about integrating Skype to the messaging and contact apps so that a single app could allow you to communicate via SMS, Skype, etc. As of yet, Skype is still not included with Windows, which means I'll have to revert to the old desktop edition or the Metro edition (which for some reason shows as downloaded but is unusable).

Overall, I'm happy about the update, but to be honest, keeping Windows 8.1, at least for the moment, wouldn't have lead me to miss out on features.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I think the new Skype messenger is coming later this year in a Win10 update with other stuff that was kept out of the release for some reason, probably just want to get it working right before releasing them which is fine with me lol.

I really like Windows 10 so far.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

comathi
CodenStuff wrote:
I think the new Skype messenger is coming later this year in a Win10 update with other stuff that was kept out of the release for some reason, probably just want to get it working right before releasing them which is fine with me lol.

I really like Windows 10 so far.
I love it as well. So easy to use and incredibly fast, even compared to Windows 8, which I already thought was an improvement over Win7.

Yeah I guess it makes sense that they would wait and release Skype when it's ready... Certainly better than rushing it and doing a botch job lol.

I also heard that an upcoming Edge update will not only enable extensions (Haleluhia!) but the browser should be totally compatible with Chrome extensions, no extra work required from developers :D

Edit: It seems as though Visual Studio 2015 offers cross-platform compatibility with iOS and Androi... This could be interesting :)
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Yes I think converters are already available for VS2015 that allow developers to 'easily' convert iOS and Android apps to Windows 10 apps, this should open the door for every individual and company to finally release their apps on the new Windows platform, especially Windows Phone.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridges?logged_in=1

I'm more looking forward to the Centennial bridge package that will allow .NET and Win32 software to be uploaded to the store boogy;
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”