What have I missed

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

What have I missed
smashapps
Hey everyone,

I have done VERY little programming in the last 12+ months.
I cannot remember much off-hand about programming sadly.

In the time I have't done much with programming, what have I missed
in regards to new developments? Should I be learning a different language?
Change/Upgrade the software I use?

I have Visual Studio 2012 installed on my PC, and use Vb. Will this suffice?

What have you all been up to lately?

- Going to go read up on how to program now.

My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: What have I missed
KraZy
Well the evolution of a programming language it's close to the time and the hardware evolution. For example the web it's changed a lot from here to 5 years ago that's 'cause the mobile evolution (smartphone, table and and so on...) needed a better aspect under the system web protection, responsive UI and scalable control. I don't know which app you've developed but actually the best language for the new OS (for develop a desktop app) it's the combo wpf + c#. This of course change with your skills. Actually wpf it's an xml extension that allow you to make an incredible responsive UI agains the Windows form. With the last release of visual studio Microsoft has improved also a lot on c# like memory access and other stuff. I've abadoned vb.NET and Windows form 'cause for many aspect they're obsolete under some points. But this depends of course from you need, it's only my opinion.
I'm in the empire business.
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
Depends on what you want to develop for? for me I've taken a twist and started learning python and ruby as these languages run nicely on the raspberry pi witch is what most of my development contributes to these days as the IOT is starting to take full throttle and becoming a big thing(Come on tell me you don't want a wifi controlled coffee machine haha) . PHP and node.js is highly recommended for web development if that's what you want to do. Do you have any ideas of what you sortof want to program?
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
Hey,

I really want to develop educational tools and games. I want to develop games that can help improve cognitive skills for people who have a disability.
As well as tools for people to better develop other skills whether it's an editor for programming etc. I have a huge interest in PHP for web development.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
Then i would probably go with C# because the syntax is a lot like php also because you're starting over it would be good for you to learn that style of syntax as VB.NET is a little untidy(Personal Opinion) and C# is a little more structured also is a little more powerful language.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”