When your own code seems foreign to you

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you look at your old code and think...

I recently (due to an email from Microsoft asking me to add age ratings to my apps) decided it was a good time to dig out my old apps and upgrade them...but looking over the code it's like 'WTF' does that do, how did I make it do that, why is this here it has no purpose what-so-ever.

Baring in mind that I made my first Windows Store apps about 4 years ago now and haven't really visited them since and quite a lot has changed to the way these apps are made and it is just , huh. I find myself wondering if I even wrote these things, bits of code scattered everywhere, the whole thing is a mess and surely I'm a better programmer than this lol. I have functions everywhere that consist of 15-20 lines of code which I know I can now do with just 1-2 lines of code.

It just feels really weird. If you have any old projects (at least a couple of years old) sat gathering virtual dust on your system then open it up and have a look at the code, most of it won't make any sense to you at all.

After going through thousands of lines of code over the space of about 3 hours I finally gave up and decided to just start again from scratch.

I love how programming messes with your brain :teehe;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

That's it! That's the last time you write code while listening to Justin Bieber on the stereo. That stuff gets you all entranced and then you can't focus on your work anymore. I'm sick and tired of this. I know you've had the biggest crush on him for years now, but it's time to let it go Craig. It's for your own good :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dude. Seriously :darnit;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Hahahaha Beiber

I just recently saw some old code of mine and thought, "WTF was I thinking? WOW". It's like looking at my first ever Photoshop designs and seeing how far I've came.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”