Things that make you go..Blurb

If your a member of codenstuff then this is the main place to be. Get together..talk..chat and ponder. Have fun. Chill out. Play games.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Things that make you go..Blurb
CodenStuff
Hello Coders,

Calling all budding reporters and reviewers out there!

If you didn't know already, we now have what we call "Blurbs" on the home page. These are little informative news stories, software reviews and things we want to shout about.

If you have a breaking programming/tech news story you think people would be interested in or perhaps you've used some great software or app recently and want to tell us about it then head on over to the blurb portal and start blurbing.

CLICK TO VIEW BLURB PORTAL

Blurbs are now open for all members to use.

As usual the site rules also apply to blurbs so please don't post anything offensive, rude, obscene etc. All blurbs are monitored and will only be made public once approved by a moderator.

Thank you and carry on coding :)
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Things that make you go..Blurb
Filip
Hey,

I think it would be a good idea that when a blurb is created, a forum thread is created by a forum bot for discussion and there's a button somewhere on blurb page saying "Discuss on the forums" or something. Example can be found on World of Tanks website.

You can see Discuss on Forum button after each "blurb"

Example of thread opened. I've blurred the reply since it's against CNS site rules :D

Now get to work and implement this, Craig.

KR,
-Filip
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good idea. I will see what I can do to implement this feature....at my own pace mind :duh; ...not just because you told me too!.

So there :D
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

Re: Things that make you go..Blurb
Filip
Hey,

Also, maybe there could be a subscription system where one can subscribe to its favorite.. err.. blurbers I guess.. So whenever a blurb is posted by someone who one's subscribed to, they could get a notification in a notification thingy on top.

KR,
-Filip
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have added a new button in the blurb pages called "Discuss this blurb"

When a member clicks the button it will created a topic for the blurb and allow you to discuss it...as you suggested :)
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

I'd like to be able to thumbs up posts and replies
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

mikethedj4 wrote:
I'd like to be able to thumbs up posts and replies
Thumbs up/rating system is one of the things I'm working on.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff boardroom”