Keep Yourself Safe With These Extensions

Download apps and extensions for Chrome and share by uploading your own.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

View all the resent earthquakes for the past 7 days, here.

So how can you stay safe?
Well first off you're family should have already gotten together before, or should be doing so now to talk about emergency situations, and what to do. If you haven't call them up, and get it done.

If you live alone, and have no clue one what to do, remember Google can be your best friend when it comes to finding information.

If you already have an emergency plans set then lets begin with the extensions.

You can monitor Radiation levels thanks to the Radiation Network, which allowed me to make the Radiation Map extension. (Although there is no affiliation with myself, and the Radiation Network)

Earthquake tells you every hour the newest earthquakes that have occurred, or are currently occurring.

There also is Intellicast's Interactive Radar which can be used to monitor earthquakes, storms, floods, etc:
Last edited by mikethedj4 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

There are hundreds of earthquakes everyday around the world.

This is normal, as tectonic plates move around constantly.

Most earthquakes are barely or not at all noticeable. The ones we feel are the biggest ones, and usually cause damages.

over 900 earthquakes in a week is not surprising, and there's nothing to be worried about.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Experiencing a 2.4 Magnitude Earthquake in Illinois for the first time scared the sh*t out of me, cause of what recently happened with the Byron Nuclear Plant, and these Sonic Booms.

BTW: Comathi You're a smart dude. What you think about "1/31/2012 — Chicago, IL — Sonic Booms, Nuclear Event, and Earthquake = Fukushima Theory"???
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Well, I had not heard of any of those events. But reading the article and watching the video, it all does seem unusual. I could see how earthquakes and problems with nuclear plants could be related (both ways, actually).

I'm a bit confused with the "sonic boom" part, though. If what they are describing is actually explosions from the nuclear plant, then it would make sense.
mikethedj4
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Here's a description to thoughs that don't know what a sonic boom is.
A sonic boom is the sound associated with the shock waves created by an object traveling through the air faster than the speed of sound. Sonic booms generate enormous amounts of sound energy, sounding much like an explosion. The crack of a supersonic bullet passing overhead is an example of a sonic boom in miniature.

I'm still researching, and talking to a couple meteorologists out here to discover what may have caused the sonic boom.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Well, as long as you stay safe. I would not want you to get hurt.

Actually, I should maybe be concerned for my own safety as well. I don't live far away from the US border, and if an earthquake occurs, I'll feel it for sure :o
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

We NEVER have earthquakes in the UK..well maybe teeny tiny ones that are not even worth noticing if you even managed to notice it lol.

Although I do remember I think in 2009 we had a big earthquake near London and I live 200 miles away where the effect was weaker but my place still shook and scared the living cr*p out of me lol. Amazingly it didnt cause too much damage just a few chimneys fell off roofs and I think thats the only earthquake ive witnessed in my lifetime :?

I have noticed that in atleast the last 2 years the world has seen more earthquakes, floods, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis etc which is unusual. Seriously makes you wonder about the 2012 end of the world prediction lol.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
MrAksel
C# Coder
C# Coder

We have a 'crack zone' around Oslo in Norway, but Im living at the east side, so nothing big here. Ive never experienced any earthquakes.
LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT
Laughing my a** of so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco lmao;

Over 30 projects with source code!
Please give reputation to helpful members!

Filip
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

We have no earthquakes here. Only major threat here is flood.. I live near river so if river gets too high there would be flood..
CodenStuff wrote:
Nope, it's just your sick and dirty mind. You sick twisted warped little pervo :D
Vikhedgehog
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

There are no dangers in germany i know of :) In Berlin there are neither mountains nor oceans.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Apps & Extensions”