#28 Picture base

Complete a set challenge every day like: App making, Code solving, Image designs, Web Scripts and more. Win crazy points and prizes.
Forum rules
Please only post a reply if its a challenge entry - other posts and comments will be deleted. - Guide and Rules
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

#28 Picture base
CodenStuff
Welcome to challenge #28

Picture base

Your challenge for today is to create an image database application that has the following features:

Allow the user to select a folder of images
Each image is then loaded in to a gallery type view/list
User can select an image
User can rate each individual image using a rating system
User can input a description of the image
The application saves each image rating and description so it can be viewed/edited at a later date

So you will need to figure out how to save/store the relevant information for the images, flat files or a database would probably be the best way.

Rules for this challenge:
Must have at least all the features listed above.
Must save and store the information so it can be retrieved or edited at a later date.

Post your entries when you're finished.

Jolly good luck cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: #28 Picture base
comathi
Here's my entry. It uses JSON and a text file to store all the image info (path, rating and description).

Note: make sure you extract the file before running, or else it won't work properly.

http://projects.comathi.com/mm/2014/picturebase.zip

Usman55
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: #28 Picture base
Usman55
My app uses the ExifWork class to set and get the image description and rating of the pics.
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/495 ... orks-class

At first I was going to use image.propertyitems but this was easier than that so I went for it. wahooo;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Mad March Daily Challenge”