Xbox: using a flash drive for extra memory

Share your views, news, where to buy and recommend accessories and hardware available for all consoles.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Twiffler

If you have a extra usb female cord laying around or buy a new one without a cord (it's easier to use one with a cord) you could use it for your Xbox for many things like a usb drive.

this is the PIN layout Image

The first thing you need to do is open your xbox. There are many videos on how to do this. After that locate the controller plugs and disassemble one side. Then cut one of the plugs (i cut port number 3)then solder on the new plug on by matching the colored wires or following the PIN layout picture, super glue it in place, close is up and test it. there is more details on this mod at--- http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox_mods.htm.

This mod works good I recommend it (this does not take up a controller port you still can have four players) especially if your trying to soft mod your Xbox to little cost, but there still one last thing that's tricky, and that is to find a compatible usb drive. There is a list of one that work on the site. I used a sandisk micro 2.0 GB works good.

**warning** this will erase and format the usb flash drive, so back any data up on it
when your finished with it windows can format is back to fat32 or something else. Also I am not responsible for any damage to your Xbox or harm to you.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Return to “Accessories & Hardware”