Windows 8.1

Talk about Windows 10, get help & support, share tips, tricks and useful links.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Contributors
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Windows 8.1
Shim
hello people

so microsoft released a preview of windows 8.1 and it seems they have added many features

just watch and reply how do you feel
Find my programs on Softpedia
XTechVB
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Re: Windows 8.1
XTechVB
I used Windows 8 for about 2 weeks then i deleted it, i like the new features, and its also a bit faster but i hate the UI, so if i were to chose between 7 and 8 i'll chose 7.
You can find me on Facebook or on Skype mihai_92b
Shim
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Shim
XTechVB wrote:
I used Windows 8 for about 2 weeks then i deleted it, i like the new features, and its also a bit faster but i hate the UI, so if i were to chose between 7 and 8 i'll chose 7.
ye agree ! the Aero glass attracts many people and not the different colors in windows 8
Find my programs on Softpedia
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
Shim, windows blue customer preview ain't out its the leaked version and how could you choose windows 7 over 8 I think the user interface is great and anyway as a programmer I beleave that the user interface doesn't matter it's the bennifets of the operating system it self and if you want to learn networking / computer repairs and programming you're going to have to learn to like windows blue.
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I'm actually liking this new update, i didn't like it at first but it looks good. Thanks for sharing the video.
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
benji_19994
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

benji_19994
I have the latest leaked version and it was buggy but it s okay lol
smashapps
Coding Guru
Coding Guru

smashapps
I'm going to wait until they release it
My name is Tom | Visit my blog where I post new content every day! Tom's Daily Blog | MineCraft is awesome!
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
I really like the new features for Windows 8.1 and the motion backgrounds are cool but the best feature will the ability to use your desktop wallpaper on the start screen because it will just feel like the tiles are appearing on your desktop instead of a separate screen. Smaller icons, super improved search with bing and custom backgrounds/colours will make it so much better.

I haven't installed the leaked copy because it's not official and could be all types of viruses trojans inside of it so I'm waiting for the official preview on June 26th..can't wait :D

Windows Aero/Glass was just a pointless resource hogging feature anyway so you don't need it and you should give the Windows 8 UI a chance because it is easy to use. If you miss the start menu just take a second and think about what you use the start menu for...launching programs?, viewing recently used items? ...you can put shortcuts to programs/recent docs etc on your desktop or task bar which is even quicker than using the start menu so you really don't need a start menu anyway..think about it.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
benji_19994 wrote:
Shim, windows blue customer preview ain't out its the leaked version and how could you choose windows 7 over 8 I think the user interface is great and anyway as a programmer I beleave that the user interface doesn't matter it's the bennifets of the operating system it self and if you want to learn networking / computer repairs and programming you're going to have to learn to like windows blue.
So we might as well get a command line operating system ?
CodenStuff wrote:
Windows Aero/Glass was just a pointless resource hogging feature anyway so you don't need it and you should give the Windows 8 UI a chance because it is easy to use. If you miss the start menu just take a second and think about what you use the start menu for...launching programs?, viewing recently used items? ...you can put shortcuts to programs/recent docs etc on your desktop or task bar which is even quicker than using the start menu so you really don't need a start menu anyway..think about it.
First I would like to point out that even though the aero was resource hungry, it was beautiful, unlike solid colors in W8.
Secondly, the start menu was a time saving feature, you could simply search for files, programs, folders without leaving the main window, but with tiles, you have to open a totally separate new window just to access those simple stuff.
To conclude, I do love W8 and even W8.1 has brought amazing features, but they should never ignore what the audience thinks and wants. They want us to use what they think is better, not what we like more. It's the developers vs the consumers opinion.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

CodenStuff
Solid colours are easier on the eye and with Aero gone everything runs a lot better and faster. I know some features of Aero were nice but at the end of the day it was pretty much just a theme (something to make your windows look nice) and not vital to the OS.

I know you can do all that with the start menu but I was pointing out that you can do all that without the start menu by having desktop/task bar icons. Like if you compare using the start menu with using start screen:

SM open: Click the button or windows key - SS open: Click the button or windows key
SM search: Click/Key then click in search box and type - SS search: Click/Key the just type
SM programs: Click/Key then navigate the program list - SS programs: Click/Key then everything you use is on screen

When using the start menu you have to down the bottom-left of the screen and navigate drop menus but with the start screen you just press the windows key and usually the programs you want to use are in the region of your mouse pointer so your saving time and it is much more efficient. When using the start menu you're not looking at the desktop which is same as if using the start screen you're not looking at the desktop so it doesn't really matter that the start screen covers it up.

You should give Windows 8 a proper chance and best thing to do is pretend the start menu never existed, put your most used programs on to your taskbar like this:

Then their all just 1 click away and like me you will rarely even use the start screen and you will forget what a start menu even was lol. Now whenever I use a computer with XP or 7 on it I find the start menu to be a right pain in the a** because I'm now so use to doing things quicker in Windows 8.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Windows 10 General Discussion”