Compare specific field from two different database table

If you need help with a project or need to know how to do something specific in VB.NET then please ask your questions in here.
Forum rules
Please LOCK your topics once you have found the solution to your question so we know you no longer require help with your query.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

I'm actually developing a synchronization tool in vb.net, I have two database that have on each table records field GUID, this field help to have the same PK on both database. On each record there is also a field called lastUpdated, this field have a milliseconds value, so prevent two user to update the record in the same time. My question is, how I can compare the records of the same table from different db? For example:

ONLINE_DATABASE

TABLE_1
Code: Select all
| ID |   GUID                             | NAME  |    LASTUPDATED              |
| 5  | 054ba092-b476-47ed-810b-32868cc95fb| John  | 06-01-2016 17:01:12.472438  |
CLIENT_DATABASE

TABLE_1
| ID |   GUID                             | NAME  |    LASTUPDATED              |
| 9  | 054ba092-b476-47ed-810b-32868cc95fb| Jack  | 06-01-2016 18:01:12.472438  |
How you can see I've update the record from client application, so I need to apply the same change to online database. Now I've a thousand records to check in about ten tables. So my question is, how I can made a system that do this? Actually I tough to read each row with a MySqlCommand reader but I also think that this procedure is slow... Suggest?

NOTICE THAT: the table have the same name in both db
I'm in the empire business.
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

I'd suggest you use relational mappings for your tables. Then, you can setup by-pass connecters for the different databases you have, and voila! If you need help, you know where to find me! :D
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

relational mapping? I don't know what is this, could you help me?
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Skype. @chris.harrison367
KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Again, I doesn't have skype account more, you have another social like hangouts or other?
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

KraZy
Top Poster
Top Poster

visualtech wrote:
labs.visual@gmail.com - Hangouts
I contacted you, hope that you can help.. I'm Ferven
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

For what you've mentioned a simple query like the following should do; tweak it as you like:

SELECT 
	CLIENT_DATABASE.TABLE_1.*,
	ONLINE_DATABASE.TABLE_1.*
FROM
   CLIENT_DATABASE.TABLE_1
       INNER JOIN ONLINE_DATABASE.TABLE_1
           ON CLIENT_DATABASE.TABLE_1.GUID = ONLINE_DATABASE.TABLE_1.GUID

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Coding Help & Support”