New formatting option

Guides, Help & Support, Tutorials and Examples on how to access and use the Site API.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

New formatting option
CodenStuff
Small API update

If anyone is currently using or thinking about using the API, I've added a new option which applies to the following modes:

A new parameter has been added called 'texttype' and allows you to change how the messages are recieved, you can use the API as normal but if you want you can now add the extra parameter like so:
Code: Select all
&texttype=1
Two options available:

0/Default = Output the message with full bbcode/html code.

1 = Plain text with all the bbcode stripped

Not a huge change but very handy if you just want to display the messages without all the bulk of html code. In the future this parameter will also apply when retrieving topics/posts from the API.

Nice cooll;
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
CodenStuff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New formatting option
CodenStuff
Here's a updated version of the social demo app I made, I've changed it so it now loads the messages in plain text and it loads them much faster without having to deal with the HTML.
CnSSocial2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to CodenStuff.com Learn Code, Love Code. Thank you for being a member of the community.
comathi
Coding God
Coding God

Re: New formatting option
comathi
Awesome. I remember those HTML tags being hard to deal with during the Mad March challenge. Nice work cooll;
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Codenstuff API”