Contributors
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

Trace Bitmap
hungryhounduk
Hi All
Here we have the Trace Bitmap Tutorial
This great command which ships with Flash 8 Pro, will Convert your Image into Vector Image segments, then you will be able to select parts of the Image and change colors, Delete what parts you dont need, Plus it gives the image a new look which can be quite stunning.
But all depending on the settings you use you can just use the command on an image if you want to create a great effect. You can also select diffeent parts of the image and then turn them into Movie Clips for use in animation or whatever you like.

Ok let's get Flashing cooll;

Start a new flash document

Goto FILE/IMPORT TO LIBRARY and Import your image you want to use

Then drag the Image from the Library onto the Flash stage

then go to MODIFY and choose Trace Bitmap from the popout Menu

like this image below

By changing the settings you can get images like this below

Now every part of the image thats been converted can be selected and as i have said above you can delete what you dont want, select parts and re-color them or turn individual bits of the image as Buttons or Movie Clips..

Try this effect on a nice Landscape Scene Image and turn it into a new Image, change your colors and then you will have created a new work of art...and as it has now been turned into a VECTOR Image it will dramatically reduce the file size as well.

Hope you use and enjoy this simple effect in Flash cooll;

Chris
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Re: Trace Bitmap
Nery
Hmm that effect is nice for morphing the reality into cartoon. I wonder if that is possible in Photoshop?
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi Nery
Yes you can do similar in Photoshop, with the Filters, just try adding different filters, as there are lots of different filters to use :)

Chris
Nery
Co-Admin Moderator
Co-Admin Moderator

Nery
Yes, I've been trying to do it by randomly changing the filters at my image but all I got was a "underwater" effect.
Lewis
Coding God
Coding God

Lewis
This looks cool, I like the vector effect :P
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hi All
Here is another Picture that has been turned into a Vecta Image, It's from the film Hulk, and like the Pic above, every Color you see in the Image is selectable, so you can delete Parts, RE-Color Parts, turn each part into a Button,Movie Clip or as a Graphic.

hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Jack Sparrow as a Vector

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Tutorials”