SCENE HELP!!!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
dj1437
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

SCENE HELP!!!
dj1437
I am working in flash to make my "The Red Man" game better and i was wondering how to make a startup menu like play and instructions, but i did that and in the actionscript for the play button i put this in:
Code: Select all
on(press){
nextscene();
}
i tested the movie and i clicked play, and nothing happened
This is a signature.
kolega28
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: SCENE HELP!!!
kolega28
im no good at flash sry
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
I am working in flash to make my "The Red Man" game better and i was wondering how to make a startup menu like play and instructions, but i did that and in the actionscript for the play button i put this in:
on(press){
nextscene();
}
Hey

It needsto be
on (Press) {
	gotoAndStop("Scene 2", 1);
}

Dont forget to have a stop at the first frame in frame 1 of the second Scene else it will just flicker :)

hope this helps

Chris
dj1437
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

dj1437
hungryhounduk wrote:
on(press){
nextscene();
}
Hey

It needsto be
on (Press) {
	gotoAndStop("Scene 2", 1);
}

Dont forget to have a stop at the first frame in frame 1 of the second Scene else it will just flicker :)

hope this helps

Chris

It still doesnt work, i am using actionscript 2.0
This is a signature.
hungryhounduk
VIP - Site Partner
VIP - Site Partner

hungryhounduk
Hey
That code was from a new Flash file i did just to prove it worked then i pasted up the code :?

All i had on Scene 1 was a Button with that code linking to Scene2, and yes i an too using ActionScript 2.0 :)

so the error is your end not my end

FLASH SWF AND FILE BELOW

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
hungryhounduk wrote:
Hey
That code was from a new Flash file i did just to prove it worked then i pasted up the code :?

All i had on Scene 1 was a Button with that code linking to Scene2, and yes i an too using ActionScript 2.0 :)

so the error is your end not my end

FLASH SWF AND FILE BELOW

Chris
How kind of you to make a example file :)
DJ, try to make another one and try the code, if it works then the problem is with the game file.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
Twiffler

Twiffler
This is a little different way but see if this works put this code into your button
on (release) {
	_root.gotoAndStop("PlayGame");
}
Then go to The scene you want to play and click on the first frame in you action layer. Then go to the frame's properties panel(Ctrl+F3), look for for the textbox with the label "Frame" above it and put GamePlay into it. Lastly, got to action(F9) of that frame which is now labeled GamePlay and put this code into this the actions panel
onLoad = function () {
	stop();
};
And if that does not work then something is wrong with your Flash game.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Help & Support”