Work schedule retriever

Post your questions regarding programming in C# in here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Contributors
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Work schedule retriever
Codex
Hello,

I am making an app to retrieve my work schedule in C#, however the website which hosts my work schedule is using aspx and does not provide an api. In order to access the work schedule, for example xxx.com/schedule I have to enter yyy.com and click on "View schedule" which I assume generates a cookie and then redirects me to xxx.com/schedule

Now I have tried to follow some examples to direct me, but I am unable to get it to work. The first step, which I attempt to login and save the cookie to display yyy.com doesn't work.

I have used both of these for reference: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2798 ... other-page and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9308 ... ia-program

I am stuck, if anyone has attempted anything similar before please direct me in the right path.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

Re: Work schedule retriever
visualtech
Hey!

There is a possibility that it generates a Session Token as well; now the main problem may be the fact that each time you send a request to the server, there is no container to hold the old one and so a new session link is generated, and so when it redirects you to the main page, the cookie container is not present, hence it thinks you're not logged in.

A solution can be to use the HTTP/1.0 Authentication Realm (if it is provided) otherwise you need to store all the cookie data in a text file (say .cookie) and then resend it with each request. It's actually pretty simple: use a sublayer cookie container. (PM me if you need a class, I have one).

Hope this helps! :)
Codex
Coding God
Coding God

Codex
visualtech wrote:
Hey!

There is a possibility that it generates a Session Token as well; now the main problem may be the fact that each time you send a request to the server, there is no container to hold the old one and so a new session link is generated, and so when it redirects you to the main page, the cookie container is not present, hence it thinks you're not logged in.

A solution can be to use the HTTP/1.0 Authentication Realm (if it is provided) otherwise you need to store all the cookie data in a text file (say .cookie) and then resend it with each request. It's actually pretty simple: use a sublayer cookie container. (PM me if you need a class, I have one).

Hope this helps! :)
Hey, long time :D

If we can talk through Skype and you can help me throughout that would be great! I haven't touched C# in a while now and I am still rusty. My Skype ID is: codexvideos
I am online tomorrow tho if you leave me an offline IM I can get back to you.
We shall let the revolution begin.. the revolution for freedom, freedom against censorship. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender
visualtech
VIP - Donator
VIP - Donator

visualtech
Haha! Sure! :D
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “General coding help”